new huck finn, emeryville - may 17th, 2018 ****(almost) JACKPOT FISH ****

Started by alantani, May 15, 2018, 05:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i'm going fishing this thursday!  the fowler fishing club will be on the new huck finn this coming thursday.  fowler is a small town just south of fresno, where i grew up!  nice bunch of guys.  i checked and there are still 11 spots left.  it looks like it's really gonna blow that day, though.  the forecast for the bay is winds southwest 15-25 knots.  anyway, here is the link for signups!

https://newhuckfinn.fishingreservations.net/sales/?boat_filter[]=179

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

alantani

alantani

here's what the bay looked like yesterday morning! 

there was still plenty of room on the boat.  wish you guys could have joined me!  here's a little view of the bay, for those of you that have never seen it! 

originally, the fowler fishing club was going to come up and fish, but i think these guys all chickened out because they were afraid that they were going to get seasick!  it would have been tough to do!

those of you that were on the first two spirit of adventure trips will remember ken taniguchi on the left.  to the right is his friend, pat, from menlo park. 

rounding out the group were gene, glenn and his son mike! 

mike was hot stick with four keeper halibut.  poor guy needed his dad to help him hold up all of his fish!

i got to fish with my new reel (thanks a million, guys!!!!!) and it performed beautifully!  i mounted it on a calstar grafighter 700 xl.  great combination!

this was the big fish caught for the day.  it weighed out that evening at 11 pounds.  it would have been the jackpot fish, had i entered the jackpot.....   :-\

thanks to jay yokomizu and the crew of the new huck fin for a great trip!!!!!

steelfish

no surprise here amigo Alan, you always get the big one

looks like a nice way to save the day from a possible rough one
The Baja Guy

Gfish

Went ona trip outa Santa Barbara, to experience the So. Cal. thing. When they announced the jackpot, I told myself "I never have won yet, I'm tired a losin my $, I'm not in this time"! Yeah you guessed it: biggest fish that day was a Rockfish caught by me. It was march and they couldn't get any a those non-Nor. Cal. species, such as Calicos, etc. I stuck with what I knew, probing the bottom with light line & 1-2oz jigs. Did pretty good relative to others, and had some folks imitate my method. They don't seem to have a good bottom fish population down there, or it was too early in the season...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Gman_WC

Walnut Creek, CA