(2) NEW 9500ss Bundle

Started by Maxed Out, May 16, 2018, 12:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Ted, send Daron the spool. i have one. I sent him a note, but I know he's fishing, to see if he wants both. Once he responds we'll figure out payment and shipping. I'm paying you shipping if we end up splitting. 

Maxed Out

Quote from: thorhammer on May 17, 2018, 01:11:31 AM
Ted, send Daron the spool. i have one. I sent him a note, but I know he's fishing, to see if he wants both. Once he responds we'll figure out payment and shipping. I'm paying you shipping if we end up splitting. 

Too late John, I sent one to you with the extra spool

I sent one to Daron with extra jar of albacore.

Yuinz guys will hafta figure the rest out on yure ohn   ;)  ;)
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

thorhammer

Shark Hunter

We will do just that Ted,
Thanks for all you do.
I was setting up the only surf rod I brought and broke the tip testing it.
I found this rod a few years ago in the surf.
I went to half hitch tackle in Navarre just to look.
I really don't like dealing with these people, but They had a good deal on a Battle 2 8000 on a 8' Graphite Rod for $150.
The lady at the counter told me to save the receipt as this rod and reel had a warranty. :-*
This is a nice combo.
I spooled it with 40 lb Sufix Mono and caught a 30" Redfish on a Mullet Tail. Tons of Fun!
Most people surf fishing have a $20 combo from Wal Mart and get spooled by one of these Big Reds.
The Battle Made Quick work of him. He made two decent runs and then I locked it down.
I'm really liking the Battle 2. This is my new surf Combo for now.
Life is Good!

suitekids

Damn..Story of my life.. a day late and a dollar short!!

mo65

WOW! What a deal...almost hard to follow. Hee hee, it all ended well. Great catch BTW Daron...looks plenty big to me! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Rivverrat

I seen Ted's post here prior to any one replying. I honestly just don't use spinners that often. This really was a great deal on two nice reels... Jeff

Shark Hunter

I have a new outlook on Surf Fishing after this week.
I normally have not had luck with this type of fishing, mainly because of my lack of casting ability with a big surf rod.
That all changed for me this trip,
I can finally pendulum cast a decent bait out 20 yards or so.
That is all it takes in rough surf.
Solid 5' Blacktip Shark on A Fin Nor LT-100 and 30" Bull Red on the Battle 2 8000 without dealing with the Kayak and other equipment involved.
I'm not saying this is the way, but it is for now with the stormy weather here.
You can get off the beach pretty quick if a storm moves in.
When you have a 14/0 300 yards out and a 70 lb Kayak. It takes a little longer to move all the gear.
I was without a Camera last night, but that Big redfish gave all he had.
He went right back on his way, but that fish was a nice one.
I thought it was a shark the way he was fighting.
Got Stormed out tonight. The wind is Blowing 40 mph and raining cats and dogs, with severe Lightning and Thunder.
I just went out to check the conditions after the storm blew through and the wind is Still howling at 1am with an Amazing Lightning show offshore.
This has been a good trip.

Life is Good!

thorhammer

pm me your address and i will get it back out to you. I should have it memorized by now. actually i do remember street address lol.