First Look at the Tiburon 20/0 Senator Frames: A Work in Process

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, May 16, 2018, 09:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I went to Tiburon on Monday and the frames have all had their first few machining passes.  Still need to be drilled and polished, then off to be anodized.  The spools are next.  Hope that you like it!

Here are the photos, with a Tiburon P16 Penn 146 Squidder Jr. frame for comparison.

Randy

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you Ted, that is exactly what I said when I saw them!

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

STRIPER LOU

Now that's the BIG DOG!!!! ;D

Looks great Randy. There's gonna be a bunch of happy people. It would probably take 20 squidder frames to make that 20/0.

Nice work!

................Lou

JRD

My squidders will now have an inferiority  complex!!!!  Then again so will the jiggys 4/0s and 6/0s next to that monster.  I don't even fish above a 4/0 single speed size and I want one!  Nice work Randy!

1badf350

Oh baby!!!!! Nice!
How will the finish/color look in the end compared to that?
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Benni3

54bullseye

Chris I am guessing if you got silver that is the finish color !!  I like it !! Looks perfect to me !!!! Looking forward to the finished product. 
Thanks Randy !!!!     John Taylor

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: 1badf350 on May 16, 2018, 10:13:06 PM
Oh baby!!!!! Nice!
How will the finish/color look in the end compared to that?

Thank you Chris.  Regarding the finish, as some of these reels are going to be hard at work for land-based shark fishermen, it will be necessary to anodize them.  I have asked that the appearance of the finished silver product be as close to the raw polished aluminum as possible, but the anodized surface must be sufficiently thick to protect the aluminum, and the anodizing material is not perfectly clear, so I would guess that the anodized frames will not look exactly the same as the raw aluminum. 

If you are not going to expose your kit to the elements, I can probably have Tiburon make an unanodized kit.  If you, or anyone else wants their kit to be raw polished aluminum (unanodized), please let me know ASAP.

Thanks again,

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

mo65

:o     :o     :o     :o     :o     :o     :o     :o     :o     :o     :o     :o     :o     :o
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

mikeysm

The frames look out of this world Randy. My side plates are ready to install. I have the rod blank and the guides are coming from italy. The rest is in the mail on its way here. If im going to do this build I might as well go all out.

Mike

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"