First Look at the Tiburon 20/0 Senator Frames: A Work in Process

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, May 16, 2018, 09:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy247

I'm looking forward to seeing how much line these bad boys can hold!

mikeysm

I am pricing out a 1000 ft of 200lbs of JB hollow braid from Lee. I will top it off with 150lbs of mono.

Mike

54bullseye

Quote from: mikeysm on June 13, 2018, 02:22:06 AM
I am pricing out a 1000 ft of 200lbs of JB hollow braid from Lee. I will top it off with 150lbs of mono.

Mike
If you put 1000 ft of JB hollow braid on it first then top it with 150 mono you better get one big spool of mono !!!  And say good by to the JB hollow cause you will probably never see it again !!  Lol !!!

mikeysm

Benni3

I did find 200lb and 300lb mono for $220 but it's enough to do 3 or 4 reels ;D

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

thorhammer

I bet it will seriously hold a mile of 130, or close...a 16/0 will hold 11-1200 yds.

Chris, I think you will need 12k yd spool of Cajun :)

Fishy247

QuoteIm going with 8 miles of 6lb Red Cajun.

That's monofilament, right? I'll bet you get get more on if it was 6# Spectra....

conchydong

I didn't get one because I would have no practical use for it by I agree with some of the members with backing it with good old fashioned Dacron. Easy to splice heavy mono into it, less costly than spectra and will fill the spool easier.. JMO

Shark Hunter

I'm thinking this spool is going to have a large arbor.
It should be about the size of a 18/0 Everol spool.
The specs on that spool show it holds 1500 Yards of 200lb mono. Not True.
It holds more like 900. That is 1.5mm Diameter.
If you spool it with 130. The capacity is going to be the same as stock due to the large arbor of the spool.
With the full frame and beefed up spool, it is going to be a much stronger reel.
Life is Good!

conchydong

Daron, Everol's specs may be based on the Italian "Asso" mono fishing line which is marketed in the US as "Soft Steel". It has a lower diameter for it's listed breaking strength but probably not quite as much of a difference as you are stating.
Someone should be the "Guinea pig" and go first spooling the reel and then the others will have a better guesstimate on how they will spool theirs.

1badf350

Quote from: Fishy247 on June 13, 2018, 09:54:45 PM
QuoteIm going with 8 miles of 6lb Red Cajun.

That's monofilament, right? I'll bet you get get more on if it was 6# Spectra....
But its Red Cajun man!
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Benni3

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 13, 2018, 11:53:46 PM
I'm thinking this spool is going to have a large arbor.
It should be about the size of a 18/0 Everol spool.
The specs on that spool show it holds 1500 Yards of 200lb mono. Not True.
It holds more like 900. That is 1.5mm Diameter.
If you spool it with 130. The capacity is going to be the same as stock due to the large arbor of the spool.
With the full frame and beefed up spool, it is going to be a much stronger reel.
thanks for the info :D 20/0 Everol specs was 1000yds of 300lb,,,,this is a game changer,,,,,but for the good "stronger"  ;D

Shark Hunter

The 20/0 Everol is a Bigger reel. The Side Plate Diameter is much Larger.
Imagine a Gallon of Paint with a Handle on it. ;)
18/0 is the same width.
Life is Good!

The Great Maudu

Shark Hunter, that pic of the two Godfathers is one of the all time classics.