Mid-week Birthday Bite

Started by Tightlines667, May 17, 2018, 10:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boy

Nice job. Great fish and a sore back for your birthday ,,,,,,,,,,,, awesome !

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Bill B

Happy belated Birthday brother....good to see you catching such awesome fish that the rest of us only dream about.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

mo65

Happy Birthday John, and awesome fishing! My birthday was the 14th...all I caught was a few puny bass and a bunch of crappies. The only time my drag was tested was when I snagged a stump trolling cranks! :D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Tiddlerbasher

John - I wish you a happy birthday - I could never hope for a days fishing like that - but thank you for the ride :)

Tightlines667

Spent the day re-rigging my 9" and 7" Tuna baits.  All heads got stripped/cleaned, new skirts, wings, made up tandem stiff-hook rigs in 10/0-9/0, and single hook rigs for 7", all new 300lb floro leaders. 

I plan to troll for Yellowfin for the next 3 full days.  Hopefully, I can find one.

I heard 10 of 50 boats fishing the hanapa'a shootout today caught a fish.  Only something like 6 Ahi for 50 boats though.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

ReelFishingProblems

What is the best way to clean the head of a lure?
I have some old seven strand lures that need serious cleaning and may be beyond help.

Nick

Tightlines667

Quote from: ReelFishingProblems on May 27, 2018, 11:58:25 AM
What is the best way to clean the head of a lure?
I have some old seven strand lures that need serious cleaning and may be beyond help.

Nick

Not sure what the best way is.  I just used some dish soap and hot water.  I have used 0000 steel wool, and WD-40, followed by dish soap, and a polish on the polishing wheel for old chrome meatheads before.  I imagine a soak in saltaway every once in awhile, as opposed to my standard fresh water dunk in a bucket, might help to prevent salt build up to begin with.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.