Four DAM Quicks, two 220, one 330, and the rare 221

Started by festus, May 17, 2018, 03:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

festus

These have been for sale on Facebook for a couple of days.

All are mounted on rods, they all look to be in fairly good shape.  The rare 221 is at the bottom of the photo.

Is this a good deal?  All four combos for 100 bucks.  Pickup only. 

I really hate driving through Knoxville or any major city anytime and try to avoid it as much as possible or I'd go get them.

mo65

That's not much of a pic to go by...but all four for $100 is a good price. I'd have to have a better look before I'd make the drive.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

oldmanjoe

IT `s not a bad price , considering you really want the one reel and dump the others .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

festus

This isn't the first time I've seen the ad.  It was also posted last summer, but reappeared Monday or Tuesday.  So it looks like the guy has been wanting to get rid of those for quite a while. Whenever I have to go to the "big city" on other matters, which I hope isn't soon, I'll contact him again and see if they're still available.  Not worth it to me to drive through "Malfunction Junction" to get those if he was selling the entire lot for 10 bucks.   ::)

Did I tell you how much I hate cities?   ;D 

oldmanjoe

Could you strike a deal and get it mailed to you ?
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

festus

Quote from: oldmanjoe on May 17, 2018, 05:56:03 PM
Could you strike a deal and get it mailed to you ?
Maybe, but with the entire lot it would cost too much.  I've been checking Google Maps and found a couple of roundabout scenic routes to get there.  Think I figured out a way to kill two birds with one stone. My wife has been wanting to go to Rural King at Halls Crossroads for some time, which is only 10 miles from the owner. 

mo65

Quote from: festus on May 17, 2018, 06:37:45 PM
Think I figured out a way to kill two birds with one stone. My wife has been wanting to go to Rural King at Halls Crossroads for some time, which is only 10 miles from the owner. 

Sheer genius...

happyhooker

Quote from: mo65 on May 17, 2018, 04:21:01 PM
   That's not much of a pic to go by...but all four for $100 is a good price. I'd have to have a better look before I'd make the drive.

Mo's onto it.

Frank

Gfish

Seems like a pretty good deal, esp. if the rods are any good.
Could be a matter of psyching yourself, aren't cities fun sometimes? When I gotta go to Honolulu or the SF Bay Area or the LA area, yeah, I used to hate the fact that I's always the guy that hadda drive, then I learned to relax, enjoy it more and not worry about congestion, time, where to turn, etc., etc. And I don't take any guff from impatient passengers. Besides you never know what you might discover off the designated path. Also, I don't allow the gps voice thing, godda be on mute, when I drive.

Best resturant I ever "found"  was this basement level, hole in the wall French place in SF, secluded, quiet and perfect. The only reason I saw it was cause I's stuck in traffic on California St.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

mo65

Quote from: Gfish on May 17, 2018, 09:28:10 PM
Besides you never know what you might discover off the designated path.

This is a good point...especially since we're talkin' about being "off the designated path" in Tennessee. Those old towns on the side roads are loaded with second hand junks shops. City folk call 'em "antique shops". I know this for a fact. My buddy and I once went from Memphis to Chattanooga by small state routes, through a bunch of small towns. We nearly had the truck filled with goodies...guitars, amps, rods, reels, guns, cast iron skillets, you name it! When we finally reached our destination(Myrtle Beach) we sold most of the haul at pawn shops, more than doubled our money, and ended up partying it all away. This was spring break...and we were 20...ahh...the memories! 8)

festus

Mo65, sounds like you went Route 64 through Selmer, maybe Pulaski (birthplace of the Ku Klux Klan, lol),  Lynchburg (home of Jack Daniels),  Jasper, Monteagle and all those Metropolises.  Who knows, half the stuff you picked up at the "antique shops" was probably stolen and pawned by the locals.  ;D better be glad you dumped it off in South Cackalacky before the cops got wind.  A lot of those junk stores are fronts for bootleggers, dope, prostutiution, and all other types of vices.  :o Fun places to go.  Back then you could buy an M-1 Carbine or a gallon of moonshine for 20 bucks.

mo65

Yes sir...that was our route alright! I clearly remember one shop we stopped by, it had piles of goodies everywhere. We were digging through it like Frank from American Pickers, and out pops a huge doberman, and he wasn't happy! Some old dude who looked like he came from Deliverance says "sit"...and that dog quit growling and sat right down. After chewing the fat with him for a few, he loosened up and we did some good business. One item he had, I still have it today. It's a Channel Master tube power stereo amp...about 20 watts per channel. If you've ever heard 20 watts of true tube power its amazing. Louder than a 200 watt stereo from Walmart. I know I've strayed far from your post Chester...but you brought back some great memories. 8)

festus

No complaints about straying from the subject of this thread.  But come this August, drive toward the west end of Ohio and hit U.S. Hwy 127 and head south (or north, doesn't matter) and hit the world's longest yard sale. http://www.127yardsale.com/

We went a couple of years ago, didn't see any DAM Quicks but just about anything else could be had.