A Maxed -Out Cortez Squidder

Started by thorhammer, May 17, 2018, 04:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Other awesome CC Squidder builds having their own threads and i didn't want to high-jack.

Here's my green one, one of my favorite reels period, with a few things from Ted: Matching green Accurate clamp and a mini-Tank log new style in green he did for me that arrived thirty minutes ago. My order for matching levers goes to Tom today :)

If I ever finish this boat refurbish I'm gonna fish these. The USS Ronald Reagan was faster.

thorhammer

will be getting BP spools when Alan C. has them ready.

mo65

The anodizing is dead on...bravo John and Ted! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thorhammer

You mean bravo Tom and Ted! I just stacked the Lego's. :)   You guys need that mini-log though, if your gonna bait fish. WAY comfortable for winching a sinker back.

xjchad

Awesome! 
You guys are driving me crazy with all these Cortez Squidders!
Someday, I will build my own!  ;D
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Maxed Out

Way too nice to fish, but no doubt you'll put it to use.

Tom's new shift lever will be icing on the cake !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Decker

Nice reel, John!  What do you mean by "mini-log"?

thorhammer

This one is only about 2.5" long vs. Ted's usual grip which is 3.5". It's just right for the Squidder. They are called "Tank Logs". The originals with the buttons had that inscribed.

Decker

Quote from: thorhammer on May 17, 2018, 06:48:46 PM
This one is only about 2.5" long vs. Ted's usual grip which is 3.5". It's just right for the Squidder. They are called "Tank Logs". The originals with the buttons had that inscribed.

Got it; like a linkin log :)

Maxed Out

John, your picture doesn't show the entire knob....we know it isn't too big to fit in the pic, so let's see the whole thang !!  ;)  ;)

Decker, that Lincoln log looks more like a Cortez Classic squidder  :D  :D

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

ReelFishingProblems

gstours

OK Guys,  Lets See Some Fish Pictures.   OK? ???

Decker

Quote from: gstours on May 18, 2018, 03:00:19 AM
OK Guys,  Lets See Some Fish Pictures.   OK? ???

Some of us do all our fishing on the Internet, Gary, and we need an extended trip to Alaska to put us back in line. ::)

gstours

Thanks.  If I had more time I'd play with some of my toys,  up here summer is a busy time.  Love to look ar those pretty reels you folks are building.   Very nice 👍

Decker

Wow, what a crab, Gary!   Do those have any edible body meat, or just the legs?   

We have a crab in NJ called a spider crab, that looks related to your king crab, but is treated strictly as an ugly nuisance here. 

Now, back to the Squidder.... ;D