A Maxed -Out Cortez Squidder

Started by thorhammer, May 17, 2018, 04:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

We have those spider crabs here too. I ate one once. Wasn't bad but not great. That's a load of heaven in that wheel barrel
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Gfish

Most anything considered some kinda meat can be eaten, just gotta kill the microbes n' parasites. The king crabs do have some body meat---extensions of the leg muscles.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Decker

Quote from: Gfish on May 21, 2018, 03:11:01 PM
Most anything considered some kinda meat can be eaten, just gotta kill the microbes n' parasites. The king crabs do have some body meat---extensions of the leg muscles.

Sounds like you've had significant exposure to Far Eastern cuisine  ;D  My parents visited China 40 years ago and came back with many stories of strange meals.

And now back to the Squidder!

gstours

Thanks for the questions.  Yes the body has some types of 🥩 meat and is something to see and taste.  It's a little different consistancy and more size than you can put in your mouth.
    The legs have a beautiful red pink color on outside and are highly prized like lobster.  Dip a chunk in warmed garlic butter and your in heaven before your time!🚣
   Some of these shown weigh more than 8 pounds live.   Glad to share.    Hard work though 👍

Gfish

Squidder, Shmidder. I'll eat just about any part of an animal as long as it's cooked, the exception being GI tract parts and the kidney of fish. If you haven't, you gotta try fish eyes! Brains 'er good too.

Kidding about Squidder, Shmidder, BACK TO THE SQUIDDER!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Decker

Quote from: Gfish on May 23, 2018, 01:55:54 AM
Squidder, Shmidder. I'll eat just about any part of an animal as long as it's cooked, the exception being GI tract parts and the kidney of fish. If you haven't, you gotta try fish eyes! Brains 'er good too.

Gfish, never tried the eyes, but I've heard people like them.   This is a good topic for a new thread.  ;)