Restoring/cleaning plastic or graphite

Started by rippin_lips, May 17, 2018, 11:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rippin_lips

Do you guys use any products to bring back the shine or color to graphite frames like on the TLD reels? Would a product like plastX work?

handi2

When i take apart these or any graphite reel the frame and plates get a thick spray down with CorrosionX spray. WD40 will also work.

As I clean the other parts the oil penetrates the graphite. If you leave it long enough most will be absorbed. They will look like new. After the reel is assembled it gets a good wipe down with a clean towel.

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Reel Beaker

Quote from: handi2 on May 17, 2018, 11:17:22 PM
When i take apart these or any graphite reel the frame and plates get a thick spray down with CorrosionX spray. WD40 will also work.

As I clean the other parts the oil penetrates the graphite. If you leave it long enough most will be absorbed. They will look like new. After the reel is assembled it gets a good wipe down with a clean towel.

So the consensus is that it must be left on for some time for the oil to penetrate the graphite before wiping it off?

Marcq

Quote from: handi2 on May 17, 2018, 11:17:22 PM

X2

Marc..