wednesday, june 6th, 2018 endeavor limited load trip to cape san martin

Started by alantani, May 18, 2018, 04:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

no, but there is plenty of room in the house.  not sure if we are going, though.  there are only 9 signed up. plus there is the small matter of the weather. 

QuotePZZ565-032300-
Point Pinos To Point Piedras Blancas To 10 nm-
844 AM PDT Sun Jun 3 2018

...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM PDT THIS AFTERNOON
THROUGH MONDAY MORNING...
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING THROUGH TUESDAY
MORNING...

TODAY
NW winds 5 to 15 kt...increasing to 15 to 25 kt in the
afternoon. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft...becoming 3 to 5 ft in the
afternoon. NW swell around 3 ft at 10 seconds.

TONIGHT
NW winds 20 to 30 kt. Wind waves 4 to 6 ft. NW swell
around 3 ft at 10 seconds. Patchy fog after midnight.

MON
NW winds 25 to 35 kt. Combined seas 11 to 15 ft dominant
period 10 seconds. Patchy fog in the morning.

MON NIGHT
NW winds 25 to 35 kt. Combined seas 12 to 16 ft.
Patchy fog after midnight.

TUE
NW winds 20 to 30 kt. Wind waves 7 to 9 ft. NW swell around 3
ft at 9 seconds. Patchy fog.

WED
NW winds 20 to 30 kt. Wind waves 4 to 6 ft. NW swell around 3
ft. Patchy fog.

THU
NW winds 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 3 to 5 ft. NW swell 3 to
5 ft. Patchy fog.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

we will hopefully hear from the skipper early tuesday if the trip is go or no go. 

theswimmer

The wind doesn't bug me too much it's the interval that's a bear.
That will make the trip uphill probably 2 hours longer and I don't think Brad is into beating the Endeavor that hard any time .😎
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

I have a credit plus a gift cert so no big deal on my end.
Big ling's been coming up....
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

alantani

bummer.  cancelled because of weather and not enough guys going.   :-\

Dominick

Darn, I was looking forward to turning my face to the wind.  Oh well.   :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Big Tim

How about 4th of July? I know I can take an extra day off. Just a thought, Tim

alantani

that might work.  we will be in cayucos the 4th of july, but it is typically a family vacation.  not sure if the kids can even go this year.  both are working for the summer and joy will likely not go without them.  i looked at the morro bay schedule and it's just short trips for that block of time.  it's all the holiday stuff.  i dunno, i may just have to have you come up here and we'll go out in my boat.  that's assuming i ever have time to get off blocks and into the water......   :-\

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on June 05, 2018, 08:09:28 PM
that might work.  we will be in cayucos the 4th of july, but it is typically a family vacation.  not sure if the kids can even go this year.  both are working for the summer and joy will likely not go without them.  i looked at the morro bay schedule and it's just short trips for that block of time.  it's all the holiday stuff.  i dunno, i may just have to have you come up here and we'll go out in my boat.  that's assuming i ever have time to get off blocks and into the water......   :-\

4th. of July on the Endeavor won't work, they are only doing a fireworks ride. I'm going to go on the Aloha Spirit out of Channel Islands Sportfishing...Got to get my mojo back after my skunk.

Tim

Porthos

Sorry to hear the cancellation. Got out on 6/7 down here in SD, and though it was just 24", the ling was 2" above legal and so a keeper.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Big Tim

Quote from: Porthos on June 10, 2018, 07:17:24 AM
Sorry to hear the cancellation. Got out on 6/7 down here in SD, and though it was just 24", the ling was 2" above legal and so a keeper.

Good job Wai

Tim