what's coming off the bench......

Started by alantani, May 21, 2018, 07:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

I think Keith benches 320 to 400lbs,,,,,,,, ;D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

CooldadE

I  don't drink any more but in my youth I did more than my fair share of 12oz curls ...

COOL
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: alantani on December 06, 2020, 11:24:53 PM
one of the main things for me is that i don't want someone opening up a reel that i've worked on and just roll their eyes.  yeah, this reel looks like a 5 year old went in with a greasy paint brush! ;D
In my limited (several weeks of) experience I've been operating under the assumption that inside a gearbox, more is merrier when it comes to grease. I've beem wondering if I'm using enough!
It seems dealing with finding out I've been very wrong is one of my more frequently practiced skills these days.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

nelz

Quote from: JasonGotaPenn on December 09, 2020, 03:52:44 PMI've been operating under the assumption that inside a gearbox, more is merrier when it comes to grease.

Yeah, me too! I thought the "Tani Treatment" included coating the internals with grease?  ???

alantani

what i do is go in an scrub with a greasy toothbrush, leaving a light coat everywhere.  that's really all it takes. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: alantani on December 09, 2020, 05:24:33 PM
what i do is go in an scrub with a greasy toothbrush, leaving a light coat everywhere.  that's really all it takes. 
It's funny, I use a greasy toothbrush too, just less sparingly. I didn't learn that anywhere, it just seemed about right. I keep the head wrapped in foil in the tupperware container with my reel bits etc. (Yes it all still fits in one 10" cube Tupperware, I'm still new at this. It will grow.)
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

alantani

this is one of the really nice shimano calcutta TE 200GT's.  the owner wanted the thumb bar replaced because it was sticky.  it's sort of like when i took my wife skiing and she wore one of those fancy one piece ski suits.  she'd complain that she'd have to strip down completely just to go pee.  same thing here.  to get to the thumb bar, the entire right side plate has to come apart.  it's not hard, just tedious.   ;D

redsetta

Quote...the owner wanted the thumb bar replaced because it was sticky.
Such a common problem with Shimano rubber - it hates sunblock and Inox.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Lunker Larry

That type of side plate always drives me nuts. Lots of nooks and crannies to clean in that type of frame too.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

oc1

Quote from: redsetta on December 09, 2020, 10:12:25 PM
Quote...the owner wanted the thumb bar replaced because it was sticky.
Such a common problem with Shimano rubber - it hates sunblock and Inox.
It also hates insect repellant.  What's it been Justin?  30 years or so?  You would think they could have figured it out by now.
-steve

alantani

if you have every eccentric except the one you need. make one that works by drilling another hole for the spring!!!!!  i had to use a 1/16ths inch drill bit, because that's the smallest one that i have.  i just orders a 12 pack of 1/32nds inch drill bits for next time!!!!!

thorhammer

doh.....now that's pic of  the month....i've rebent a million springs to make one work and never thought of that fix when needed....

Lunker Larry

What a GREAT idea. I coulda used that a while back.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

alantani

the 1/16ths inch drill bit worked, but clearly 1/32nds would be better.  they come in a pack of 12, likely because they are so easy to break.  one use for sure will be in extracting brass 5/40 penn screws.