May Chromer

Started by Hardy Boy, May 22, 2018, 03:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boy

May is a little early for chinook where I live (better down south island) but a few were being caught so I gave it a rub for the morning. It was slow fishing , eight boats and I heard of one caught. I caught an under after a couple of hours then hooked a nice fish which tore off line and ended up getting away. If you have ever fished salmon by yourself with two rods and two downriggers down it can be a cluster: playing the fish, clearing the other rod, clearing the riggers, steering the boat and then netting the fish ......... all at the same time. I was a little mad losing the first nice fish of the spring on the first trip but then this beauty bit and it all worked out. A 20 lb chromer and it was tasty on the grill. You can see how rough the water was.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

thorhammer

man nice fish pics there!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Swami805

Nice fish. Beautiful place. Thanks
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Tightlines667

Nice work Todd!

I know what it's like to deal with a big fish or two while trolling 4 or 5 lines rigged on outrigger and downrigger.  Organized chaos, requiring quick thinking and action, and constant prioritization.  Sucess is that much sweeter.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Benni3

Great fish on nice gear  ;D

ReelFishingProblems

Donnyboat

well done Todd, how did you get the picture to your post, step by step please, I cant get it to happen, posting pictures, cheers Don
Don, or donnyboat

David Hall

Need to know what you caught that beauty on? 

gstours

😮 wow nice one,  and chrome yes.  Good job.  These first ones,are the tasty est.  bbq is a treat for the lucky one.   I like your mooching reel and am jealous.  Islanders look great,  I've gotten by with Shimano and diawa,s   And as Dave asks🤷‍♂️ what depth were you fishing And with bait or ? Plugs, hootchys?
  We are closed up here In Se Ak  except for some hatchery areas,  for kings so now I,m double jealous 🤦‍♀️

whalebreath

Duval Point-I know it well.

Hardy Boy

Whalebreath wins the name the spot. Its nice to have a good fishing spot within 5 mins of the boat launch.

David Hall: It was an AP spoon. They are made in Canada with good quality parts and metal  that does not bend out on one fish and the hooks don't need to be changed out. I use the sand lance but the herring is good also I hear.

https://www.aptackleworks.com/
Todd

Maxed Out

Beautiful fish Todd. It's only tough fishing for those that aren't on top of thier game

I'm betting that fish was deep red meat. Our spring fish are always the best eaters.

Glad you made it back in on that rough water  ;)  ;)
Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!