Bushkill Creek, Bushkll, PA 2018 Vacation *** Now With Pics***

Started by ChileRelleno, May 23, 2018, 01:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

Looks like a great vacation and fishing outing, thanks for sharing.

Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

ChileRelleno

Day Two

Nate catches his new PB Rainbow at 16"
Right after this I lost a similarly sized Rainbow at the net, I blame my net man.
So we're one for one today.

Dinner was my job again, Thai Satay Chicken with Peanut sauce and green onion garnish, Thai Cucumber salad and rice.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Benni3

Alto Mare

Very nice John! if you were here, dinner would always be your job :).
Thanks for sharing your adventures.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ChileRelleno

Day Three

Just a quick 30 minutes mid morning fishing, I got a nice lil'Brookie.
It was raining so we headed in to dry off and eat a late brunch.
Then it was off to the movies to see 'Solo', I was entertained.
A late lunch in town capped it off.

Nate doggedly going at it in the rain.

My Brook next to the implements of it's capture.

Stand by for dinner.
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Benni3

ChileRelleno

Trout Grilled in Foil, with butter, salt, herbs and lemon
Leftovers for sides

Ragnar Benson:

Benni3

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

ChileRelleno

Day Four

Got my limit this morning working Joe's Flies and live Red Wigglers under a cork.

Some scenery shots

And top it off with a hearty breakfast of scrambled duck eggs with Black Truffle salt and red pepper, some awesome local sausages and real New York City rye bagels slathered with butter and goat cheese...  Yummy!

Ragnar Benson:

Benni3

That's Larry's go to,,,brown Joe's fly with gold blade,,,,you got them quick,,,great job ;D

ChileRelleno

We just got schooled by a couple of very experienced fly fishermen.
They caught over 20 trout in spots I was afraid to try for fear of getting snagged and loosing gear.
Nate chatted them up and picked their brains for his fly fishing, they were nice and explained/showed him some tips and tricks.
Ragnar Benson:

David Hall

That is one special place you have to fish with your son.  Wonderful Memories he will never forget.

Ron Jones

That's what it is all about. Watching your progeny catch fish is the best!
Glad you had a good time.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

ChileRelleno

Day Four

Nate is still batting zero today, even after taking him shopping for new tippets/leader and salmon egg flies.
I was planning on catch and release for any fish I caught, but Nate laid claim to my fishies.
Yep, I caught another nice 15" Bow and Brookie, was fishing a riffle not more that 6 inches deep and WHAM!

Ragnar Benson: