Recommendations for Arbor Press ?

Started by exp2000, May 25, 2018, 12:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exp2000

My 12 ton hydraulic automotive behemoth is just a little overkill for fine reel work.

Looking on Amazon reviews, quality is a concern even for "made in the USA" brand names.

I am guessing that a 1 ton press should be plenty for pressing Roller Clutch bearings into reel side-plates?

Any owners here have any recommendations from personal experience?
~

Marktrahan

I use 1/2 ton from harbor freight presses in A.R s for Abu baitcasters just fine also cut drag washers with it I did install a longer breaker bar handle on it modified a 1/2 breaker bar handle for it.

Tiddlerbasher

Yup - my goto tool is a 1/2 ton press. It copes with press fit stuff and cutting cf and delrin washers. for 1mm plus delrin washers I use an extension lever (15mm/ 1/2" copper tube).
I bought mine off of the big auction site (they are all built in the same place - pretty much)

handi2

Mine is 3 ton only because they messed up the order.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Marktrahan

I forgot I also ground down the 2 teeth on the bottom of the square rod that does the pressing makes it ratchet and easy to set handle at correct angle instructions or on you tube.

exp2000

I got this one (1 ton version) since it's marketed here in Australia, hoping that it's German heritage might confer some level of quality control even though it is still manufactured in China.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Arbor-Press-2-Ton-OPTIMUM-Germany-Precision-Design-Bearing-Riveting-Staking/271740633776?hash=item3f450102b0:g:RCEAAOSwa39UtftT

Now to see how it goes.
~