Hard Core Fishing

Started by Maxed Out, May 28, 2018, 10:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Great work brother. solo fishing warrier.

Swami805

Thanks for the report, great weekend on the water. You'll be dining well!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

STRIPER LOU

Great trip Ted! That's some serious mileage you put on.

It truly is ashamed the season is so short for you. Glad you made the best of it and gave those Penn's a workout. That's some good eating stuff ya got there!

.....................Lou

steelfish

excellent trip Ted, looks like a nice boat to be and feel safe on all that water you covered.

I had years without "hearing" about Mtn rainier, that brough me memories, when I was 19yo I spend 1 month in Washington state, I spent the time in Yakima and Seattle, I visited Mtn Rainier few times while in there.

the Halibut meat looks like butta' so, envy.

The Baja Guy

MarkT

Now that's Hard Core!   I was on a 2 1/2 day trip over the weekend.  I caught 2 small YT, 5 Reds and some other rockfish. Wind was blowing 10-30 mph the whole weekend.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

bhale1

Ted,
wow you covered some serious ground on that trip!!! Or should i say "water".
So, do tell, how did the experimental knob work out? It obviously got the job done, but what was your impression?....
Brett

Cor

Beautiful catch!
We sometimes do 80 miles in a day Tuna fishing, then my body is wrecked for a week.   I can not do two days like that in succession anymore.

Well done.
Cornelis

Maxed Out

.....air ride seats are next on my list. I'm getting too old to take the punishment.

The knob worked great and am pleased with test results so far

Here is a shot of skinned fillets from one side of the halibut. Pure white meat with absolutely zero fishy odor or taste.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Hardy Boy

Nice Ted ! That is a long run ............. I think you just ran further in that one trip than I will in the entire summer. That's also some deep water to jig in ; I reel up when it starts to hit 400 ' and that's unusual to go that deep. Nice job and good eats............................ you worked for it and earned. Good thing you are not $ 1.50 a liter for fuel like we are up here.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Gfish

Quote from: Maxed Out on May 29, 2018, 06:24:21 PM
.....air ride seats are next on my list. I'm getting too old to take the punishment.

The knob worked great and am pleased with test results so far

Here is a shot of skinned fillets from one side of the halibut. Pure white meat with absolutely zero fishy odor or taste.
Of course you saved the cheekless head to make soup, right?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!