MY 349

Started by Alto Mare, May 28, 2018, 11:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darin Crofton

Great job and that handle is a work of art!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

CooldadE

Sal, what kind of inards are you running in your 349 ???

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Dominick

Sal i missed this thread.  I want one.  Pleeese...pretty please.  That handle is by far the best looking handle yet.  I'll pay anything.  I'll even give you my wife.  Oh! and the dog. Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Quote from: CooldadE on October 24, 2018, 05:31:07 AM
Sal, what kind of inards are you running in your 349 ???

Cool
Sorry cooldad, I looked for pics but no luck. I have thousand and are all over the place.

I have Adam's insert, the stainless steel gear sleeve and that's about all this reel needs.

Quote from: Dominick on October 24, 2018, 05:45:19 AM
Sal i missed this thread.  I want one.  Pleeese...pretty please.  That handle is by far the best looking handle yet.  I'll pay anything.  I'll even give you my wife.  Oh! and the dog. Dominick
Dominick, I asked someone to help make the ss plate with no luck...I wasn't asking for free by the way. :) Doing these by hand takes forever :-\

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

CooldadE

Thanks Sal... I have a NIB Black 349H donor reel , SS Sleeve, insert drag kit, SS dog from Lee and a new light weight spool from Randy. What I would like to do is get a Cortez frame and a flat black bar to match for the top of the reel . And a SS crank and big grip from Alan T...

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on October 24, 2018, 10:30:14 AM
Dominick, I asked someone to help make the ss plate with no luck...I wasn't asking for free by the way. :) Doing these by hand takes forever :-\
Sal

Are you talking about the plate in between the wood pieces?  It does not have to be steel it could be bronze.  Like they use in making folding knives.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Rivverrat

Quote from: Dominick on October 26, 2018, 03:47:48 AM
Sal

Are you talking about the plate in between the wood pieces?  It does not have to be steel it could be bronze.  Like they use in making folding knives.  Dominick

Heck it could be polished aluminum. Could hardly tell the difference on a thinner piece like that. Aluminum can be worked easily with common power tools for wood... Jeff

Alto Mare

Quote from: Rivverrat on October 26, 2018, 01:13:14 PM
Sal

Heck it could be polished aluminum. Could hardly tell the difference on a thinner piece like that. Aluminum can be worked easily with common power tools for wood... Jeff
Ok Jeff, since it seems so easy to you to make one of these, get cranking and show me what you got. :)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Whoa! Big Sal throws down the glove...Dominick

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dominick on October 26, 2018, 10:44:35 PM
No, not at all...didn't you see the smiley?

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on October 26, 2018, 10:57:43 PM
Quote from: Dominick on October 26, 2018, 10:44:35 PM
No, not at all...didn't you see the smiley?
Yes, I'm just stirring the pot.   :D ;D Dominick

El Pescador

I want one.  Pleeese...pretty please.    I'll pay anything.  I'll even give you my wife.  Oh! and the dog. Dominick

Sal!

I'm at Dominick's enough to know the Dog IS NOT PART OF THE DEAL!!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Rivverrat

Quote from: Alto Mare on October 26, 2018, 09:18:19 PM
Sal

Ok Jeff, since it seems so easy to you to make one of these, get cranking and show me what you got. :)

I'll need a pattern. Can you trace those grips ? ... Jeff

Alto Mare

Quote from: El Pescador on October 26, 2018, 11:07:19 PM
I want one.  Pleeese...pretty please.    I'll pay anything.  I'll even give you my wife.  Oh! and the dog. Dominick

Sal!

I'm at Dominick's enough to know the Dog IS NOT PART OF THE DEAL!!!!!

Wayne
I believe you Wayne, he does have that mug only a dog could love ;)

Quote from: Rivverrat on October 27, 2018, 08:12:19 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on October 26, 2018, 09:18:19 PM
Sal

Are you talking about the plate in between the wood pieces?  It does not have to be steel it could be bronze.  Like they use in making folding knives.  Dominick

I'll need a pattern. Can you trace those grips ? ... Jeff
No need Jeff, I was only pulling your chain :)
I actually did one in aluminum  a while back, way before the stainless steel.

You just can't beat stainless steel, for looks and durability.

Sal

Rivverrat

No doubt stainless has a place on custom reels. Some of my reels & the way I fish them, what they weigh isn't a factor & the benefits of stainless would be a big plus... Jeff