MY 349

Started by Alto Mare, May 28, 2018, 11:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhale1

Sal,
Just WOW!!!!!! That is soo nice! I agree with others above that it is best kept on the shelf, as a one of a kind work of art! BUT!!!!,
I would still have to fish it at least once if it were mine ;D ;D ;D.....
Brett

Shark Hunter

Great work Buddy.
Another one off from the Master. ;)
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Shark Hunter

It is already in photo of the month.
Sal don't play. ;)
Life is Good!

thorhammer

Obi-Wan Pennobi strikes again. Awesome!

Cortez_Conversions

Nice work Sal,
I didn't see the inlays on the handle arm at first.
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

reelrepair123

fantastic    sal,   another  reel beauty.   use it in the best of health my friend.   harryk

Alto Mare

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you like it.
Quote from: Maxed Out on May 29, 2018, 11:01:23 PM

Sal strikes again !! It's easy to see where we all get our inspiration from.

Is that stock screw for that custom shift lever ??
Yes it is a Penn stock screw, but doesn't belong there ... I wanted to do it a little different. :)
I swapped the eccentric with one that would take that screw

as long as the hole for the spring is at the same position you'll get away with it.

Didn't need it, but I like it.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Marcq

That looks cool  8)

Marc..

broadway

Sal, I think I speak for all of us.  We don;t like it, we love it and are amazed by your skills it took to think of it and then put it into action.
Really special handle that any one of us would be thrilled to have on our reel.
Beauty of a job, pal!
Dom
PS- I like the eccentric screw too ;)

Dominick

Hey Dom, did Manny give you my note?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

HOLY Crap! That was you! LOL, the bottom of the ticket you wrote on got wet so I couldn't make out the name and didn't get "BW Dom" ... or Broadway Dom, because no one around here knows me by that nickname.
I'm sorry I missed you! Next time you're that close and have an hour pop by my house for a cup of Sanka and a few dog biscuits... we know how to treat our guests. ;)
Still laughing,
Dom

Dominick

Quote from: broadway on June 05, 2018, 10:15:14 PM
HOLY Crap! That was you! LOL, the bottom of the ticket you wrote on got wet so I couldn't make out the name and didn't get "BW Dom" ... or Broadway Dom, because no one around here knows me by that nickname.
I'm sorry I missed you! Next time you're that close and have an hour pop by my house for a cup of Sanka and a few dog biscuits... we know how to treat our guests. ;)
Still laughing,
Dom

Next time pal.  If Sal comes down from Philly for a fishing day and with enough notice I will fly back.  I love Sanka and dog biscuits.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

otghoyt

Sal;

What a beauty!  I have always wanted to do this for one of my reels.  I made my own combat grip for my .44 Mag.  It resembles your reel grip quite a bit.  I used a wood laminate layered in silver and black.  I made finger grooves and a thumb rest.  I had the palm swell area knurled on one side.  It is not an ambidextrous grip at all.  Some ideas that could be incorporated into a reel grip with only minor headaches. 

Here's one that helps me.....I glued sandpaper to dowel rod and sanded finger grooves into the foregrip of my 30/80 stand up rod.  If my rod gets yanked around during a fight I can go right to the proper grip without looking or thinking which is a super helpful in a fight and especially when using a roller tip.  Roller tips like proper, directional orientation to be of any benefit  The finger grooves make a difference for me.

Hoyt