Reel testing the 454 YTS

Started by gstours, May 30, 2018, 02:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Here is the net result of a good workout,  at times 48 ounces of lead and big baits and a good tide.
     These little reels are amazing 😉 .   We were fishing a herring and octopus 🐙 arm PCs for bait in about 150 ft of water on a ledge .    Now it's called "favorite ledge "🤷‍♂️
    The Alan's handle was tried for the first time.   It's ok,  very strong 💪.  I love to experiment with improving the reels,   This one is a keeper.

gstours

The reels feel solid under stress.  I think the endplate and the frame being one unit is part of it.

gstours

Also by being able to use many of the penn 113h interchange able part inside really adds value to these reels.   Light strong and in a small package 📦 🤷‍♂️☔️🤷‍♂️

Alto Mare

The proof is in the pudding!...Good job Gary!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

gstours

Thanks,   I tried another possible improvement as shown.  The Alan T. Plastic knob was drilled to lighten it and it seemed better and less slippery.   It's kind of a test.   The fish never knew 🤷‍♂️

El Pescador

Gary Buddy Boy,

You are holding out on us!

You NEVER took Dommie and me to the "favorite Ledge".

Next time for sure,

When's Salmon Season???

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

gstours

El Pesky,  you,ll never know if you don't go. ::).  Just checking thing z out.🤷‍♂️🍀
     Wanted to test the clicker repair.    Late last season the click cir clip came off.   Lucky for me it was stuck in the good grease parts catcher on the endplate.    So here's another insurance policy.
    Claean,  JB Weld that sucker!   Shown below.    Now I'm ready for another test.    Keep watching. ;)

El Pescador

Quote from: gstours on June 03, 2018, 02:55:15 PM
El Pesky,  you,ll never know if you don't go. ::)

Gary,

My backwoods fishing/backpacking/camping buds, when they want to needle me,

call me....

EL  PEST-A-dor

I don't get it ;D

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!