Adjustable bearing knobs for Classic Squidder

Started by thorhammer, June 01, 2018, 03:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Hi Tom, any plans for the knobs to fit the Squidder like the Jiggy ones? I would need a few and I bet Mike wants it too....among others :)

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

thorhammer

LOL, You were the "others" but i didn't want to put words in your mouth, Joe. Mike is gonna bass fish a plug so I knew he'd be in. :)

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Reel 224

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 01, 2018, 07:48:31 PM
Those are shared by Jigmasters and 113H's.

So Sal, your are saying that they fit the Sqidder kits?

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Reel 224

Guys I went on Cortez Conversions site and he is out of stock for know, but like Sal said the knurled baring cups do fit his Squidder kit also. So when they are back in stock we can purchase them.

Joe   

Swami805

I pulled on off my 501 and it fits but it sticks out pretty far on that small reel. Would be handy for adjusting spool tension when changing lure weight for casting
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Cortez_Conversions

The adjustable know only fits the very early Squidder kits.I made a revision after the first run that made it a no go on all the later runs.
This was discussed here: http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=15923.30 page three.
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Alto Mare

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on June 02, 2018, 04:09:04 PM
The adjustable know only fits the very early Squidder kits.I made a revision after the first run that made it a no go on all the later runs.
This was discussed here: http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=15923.30 page three.
Tom

Ah...and that is the one I tried. I've forgotten all about that thread above, thanks Tom.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

That would be handy for quick adjustments...but I have admit...I set my spool tension when I assembled my CC Squidder and haven't touched it since. I thought when changing baits it would need a tweak, but so far no need. I barely even need to thumb the thing, it really casts great. It could be my choice of bearing lube. I didn't use any super light birds' nest inviting lube, I used CorrosionX HD. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Ron Jones

Adjust bearing for freespool, adjust thumb for baits.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Reel 224