Channel Islands 6/5

Started by Swami805, June 06, 2018, 12:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

Go a chance to do some fishing today and the white seabass were cooperative. I got 3 but the limit is 1 which is plenty of fillets for us and the neighbors
Special thanks to Bryan for servicing my Trinidad 12. Buttery smooth, got them all on that reel with 20lb.
Sheridan ze
Do what you can with that you have where you are

ChileRelleno

Wow! Great day of fishing.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Swami805

Thanks Chile!
If someone could flip that picture I'd appreciate it. Don't know why that happens. Looked right when I posted it

Benni3

xjchad

Nice work Sheridan!  Looks like fun!!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Donnyboat

Nice work Sheridan, thanks for posting, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Shark Hunter

That is a pig right there. :o :o
Life is Good!

steelfish

somehow I missed this report

nice fish right there Sheridan, those white SeaBass are great eating, one of my favorite fish fillets for frying them on butter and garlic.

great catch on 20# line, I need to start being more comfortable fishing lower lb lines, I think my lower mono leader is 40# right after 200yds of 50# braid, that's on my calcutta 400TE which is amost the same size of your trinidad 12.

The Baja Guy

Swami805

One of my all time favorite to eat. Went again last Tuesday and got another nice one. Randy got a good one too. Second cast, barely awake and bam!  Great way to start the day. Fish got lockjaw about an hour after that and we scratched around the rest of the day for next to nothing. Nice to get on the board early and a great day spent playing "hookie " from work

STRIPER LOU

Very nice fish Sheridan!

..........Lou

Fishy247

You don't like to mess around with the little ones, do you?  ;)

Nice fish!

Swami805

Every seabass caught here lately has been on this little tube bait. Won't eat anything else, live anchovies mackerel sardines squid nothing. Go figure. Looks like a bass tube bait but bigger and no tentacles. $14 for 2 which is crazy money for a tube bait that will last one or two fish. Sometimes just got to pay the piper. Hopefully some cheap knockoffs will appear soon.

Jigtosser

Sheridan
Looks like it's your time for ghosts :D
Been watching the counts up there, you guys are seeing way more sea bass than down here.
Cat and Clemente have been pretty slow, a few caught, but no volume...
Glad to hear Mr. Pauly put one in the bag  ;D

Yeah, eating wise, they are the best, butter/garlic, and my new favorite, lightly grilled with a spicy Mango Salsa, both old school Baja staples.

Where are you finding that tube jig ???  I too haven't seen it before.
Oh yeah, nice fish... I'm getting jealous  :o

Dan

Swami805

It's called a hook up bait, a buddy got me a few. I think the local so cal tackle shops have them. All the fish up her are full of red crab and it mimics that pretty well. They smell horrible too, don't open the package in the house

xjchad

Nice fish Sheridan!  Congrats on a successful trip!
Husband, Father, Fisherman