alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Hello from a Brit living the USA.
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
October 21, 2018, 06:24:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from a Brit living the USA.  (Read 1356 times)
swill88
Photo Group

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2018, 05:03:20 PM »

I used to be a tournament caster in then UK, slinging big sinkers down a filed and measuring distance in comps. Furthers cast was 273 yards with a 150g lead. The reels are magged and super tuned so I know a bit about that.

So Nathan... welcome.  I guess it's OK to use yards and grams in the same sentence? Cheesy Cheesy

Steve

Marcq
Sensei

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2018, 05:34:15 PM »

Brits are always welcomed  Cool

Marc..
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2018, 02:26:34 PM »

Marc..

Well not so in 1776.   Cheesy Grin Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
David Hall
Firearms Group

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2018, 02:55:34 PM »

Marc..

Ouch! 
Marcq
Sensei

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2018, 07:04:36 PM »

Marc..

Ouch! 

Funny!! Wink

Marc..
Gfish
Gfish

What? Me worry?

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2018, 08:48:29 PM »

Ssssup Nathan! Ever use one a those Abu Ultra Mag models from the early - mid 80's?

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!
Lanky94

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2018, 01:48:31 PM »

Always up for some banter lads! everything turned out great in the end with both countries now being the closest allies in the world.

It was a bit greedy for the brits to fight a war 3500 miles away with the Atlantic in-between. We were at war with the frogs at the time, who were only 22 miles away. It was a bit too ambitious to try it with the USA as well Huh?
Lanky94

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2018, 01:50:21 PM »

I used to be a tournament caster in then UK, slinging big sinkers down a filed and measuring distance in comps. Furthers cast was 273 yards with a 150g lead. The reels are magged and super tuned so I know a bit about that.

So Nathan... welcome.  I guess it's OK to use yards and grams in the same sentence? Cheesy Cheesy

Steve

I can do both ( bighead). I do tend to use whatever I feel is natural.........a bit mixed up really. I'll keep it to old school on here Steve.
David Hall
Firearms Group

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2018, 02:12:02 PM »

Always up for some banter lads! everything turned out great in the end with both countries now being the closest allies in the world.

It was a bit greedy for the brits to fight a war 3500 miles away with the Atlantic in-between. We were at war with the frogs at the time, who were only 22 miles away. It was a bit too ambitious to try it with the USA as well Huh?
[/quote

The most interesting times in the history of the world as far as Iím concerned.  I canít get my hands on enough books on the subject.   One of my favorites, The Verney Family Letters.  One day I hope to visit Middle Claydon House.
Lanky94

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2018, 03:34:46 AM »

Ssssup Nathan! Ever use one a those Abu Ultra Mag models from the early - mid 80's?

Hi. Some did and still do. Easy to convert and low profile so you could get a good grip on the spool. Like the Black Max series, they are like hens teeth in the UK as most have been chopped and butchered.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: