20/0 KITS: PICK UP DELAYED UNTIL 6/20. LASER-ETCHING BEGINS MONDAY. NEED INFO!

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, June 10, 2018, 02:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Tiburon is delivering the 20/0 kits to the anodizer today and expects to have them ready to pick up on June 12.  This is not an "engraved in stone" date, but they have usually been on target in the past, so I am planning to go to LA to pick up then, and to be shipping for the rest of that week.

Yesterday Tiburon notified me that due to a delay at their anodizer's, they did not think that the kit will be ready to pick up until June 20.  There is still an outside chance that they will be ready late next week.  I am sorry for the delay. 

As most of you know, Tiburon has offered the option to have your name laser-etched on the bottom of the frame for an additional $20.  They plan to do this beginning on Monday and have asked me to give them their instructions by Sunday night.  I have not heard from several of you about this yet.  If there is any chance that you (or your widow) might want to sell the reel (or kit), I would suggest not taking advantage of this offer, as it might significantly decrease the value (unless you become a big celebrity).  If you do want them to engrave your name, I need to know by a reasonable hour on Sunday night.  If I do not hear from you, I will assume that you do not want any extra engraving.  If you decide later that you want it done, you can probably have it done at your local trophy shop, but they will cut through the anodizing, so you will need to somehow coat the area to prevent corrosion if you are going to use the reel.

Several of you have not provided me with shipping address confirmation and decisions about whether or not you would like me to purchase shipping insurance.  As I expect to be shipping late in the week of June 20, I would appreciate it if you would please get me that information at your earliest opportunity.  Also, please let me know if you have a preferred carrier between USPS Priority Mail, UPS Ground or FedEx Ground.  I have found UPS and FedEx to be less expensive to the East Coast, and Priority Mail to be cheaper on the West Coast.  If you do not designate a carrier, I will ship by USPS Priority Mail without insurance.  I am sorry to say that I cannot be responsible for any lost shipments.  My responsibility ends when I deliver the package to the carrier and receive their confirmation of receipt.  You may have some protection for lost shipments under PayPal's Buyer Protection Plan, but if you want to be safe, please buy the carrier's insurance. 

I would appreciate it if you would please send me your payment to bring your total up to $600 by the end of next week.  As soon as I have the kits, I will pack one to determine the shipping weight, calculate the shipping cost by your preferred carrier and notify you if any additional funds (or a refund) is due. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.  Thank you all for making this project possible, and for trusting me with your money.

Randy

Benni3

Thank you for all your hard work on this project and the professional's at tiburon,,,,thay need to have time to do there magic,,,,no rush ;D

Shark Hunter

You Have my Instructions Randy.
I am not buying to resell.
Mine will be engraved as the "Shark Hunter"
That is the way it was meant to be. ;)
Life is Good!

The Great Maudu

PM sent. Money sent.  Thanks for this.

Maxed Out

Thanks for the update Randy

You can hand deliver mine in August....just toss it in the trunk and head up I-5.....you know where I'll be  ;D  ;D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mikeysm

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I am going to Tiburon to pick the kits up tomorrow.  I will assemble one to make sure that everything fits.  I plan to begin shipping when I get home on Thursday.\

Thanks,

Randy

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

The Great Maudu

foakes

Thank You, Randy!

No rush on mine. 

Appreciate all of your work on this.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

handi2

Randy do not laser etch my frame please. Disregard my precious instructions for engraving.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: handi2 on June 20, 2018, 03:14:22 PM
Randy do not laser etch my frame please. Disregard my precious instructions for engraving.

Keith

Keith, I am 99% sure that they already did, but I will call them right now and stop them if they didn't. To

mikeysm

Thanks Randy I am also ready to assemble except for a handle.

Mike

Benni3

handi2

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on June 20, 2018, 03:16:49 PM
Quote from: handi2 on June 20, 2018, 03:14:22 PM

Keith

Keith, I am 99% sure that they already did, but I will call them right now and stop them if they didn't. To

Its ok if they did....
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL