Started by Vondy, June 10, 2018, 04:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vondy

Hi guys new here I have penn senator
114h which a charter operator pull it down
To see how it work I a bit disleckic I have
Trouble and direction here a pic

Swami805

First welcome, I gather the bearing and pinion gear are stuck on the spool shaft? Soak it with a penetrating oil of some kind, I've started using a 50/50 mix of acetone and automatic transmission fluid but any thing like PB blaster or various light oils can help. Heat from a torch of some kind might help. Something to break up the corrosion which is likely the culprit.
There's some step by step tutorials that should be very helpful once you get it apart. Keeping the parts in some kind of order is helpful too. I'm sure a few others will be along with some better advice, stick with it you'll be fine.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

alantani

i wish someone would have told me about this 15 years ago.  it's the best way i've found to quickly remove a rusted and seized up pinion gear without causing damage to the gear teeth.  no more channel locks!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Nice one Boss!
Tutorials are nice, but video clips are so much better, you can really get the idea.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

basto

Very clever! and so simple and useful.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n