Springs and Lings

Started by Hardy Boy, June 11, 2018, 04:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boy

Had a guide buddy invite me along for a trip as he had to do an orientation trip with one of his new guides. Started off with a nice spring which got taken by a seal, then my buddy got into a nice fish which fought like crazy, no seal, and it went 31.5 lbs what a beauty for this early in the summer. We made a move and really stated hitting fish , but we only went three for six and I lost two nice ones (I blame it on the red wine the night before !!!). We landed three around 12 lbs. Also picked up a couple of small halibut on the troll that the guys wanted. Then a quick run to fish for lings in 60 feet of water kept five 10 to 15 lbers and released a few looking for a bigger one. I caught a huge cabezon that I released (sorry no pic). I have never eaten one but i hear they are tasty. Nice day on the water.
Todd

David Hall

congratulations what a great report on a fine day.  Beats the heck out of the US Economic census report I just finished!

Swami805

Nice day,salmon,halibut and lings. Went for the slam!  Cabazone taste pretty good similar to Ling  cod and a lot of them have green meat. Turns white when you  cook it like green Ling cod. Hard to judge which one is uglier my
Do what you can with that you have where you are

kristo

Thats a really nice Tyee........red or white?

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

alantani

see you at the end of july!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

gstours

Great to see some salmon are on your menu,  great fishin w friends.   we are still closed for kings here butt open close to hatchery areas.   >:(

steelfish

congrats amigo, those are some chubby salmon right there.

looks like a great day
The Baja Guy