I've got the blues for another 4/0...

Started by thorhammer, June 13, 2018, 01:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Ted had made me a custom color combo handle and I never really loved where I had it, though it fished well offshore last week with JB long grip. When Tom got new-style plates BIS recently, I decided another blue was in order. I had envisioned something a little different but in the end decided it would be fitting to have all Cortez and Maxed Out bits, so I cannibalized three other builds to put together Ted's Tank Top, shifter, and custom handle together on Tom's plates, with the only gloss black spool I had w/ 60lb Momoi. I'm pleased as pie but will be ordering up an Adam star in SS, which will look tight with the grip.

Maxed Out

3 reels to make 1 ?? That's a tough call to make, but looks like it all came together nicely. I still have lots more of these spacer bars to send to the anodizer.

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

Thanks gents!

Ted, like you never busted up your lego's before.....The black shifter came off a gold Accurate, which will replace with the light gold shifters you just sent; thanks BTW! This handle and spool were on all-silver CC 4/0 and just looked kind of stuck there with no tie-in. The Tank Top was on another blue CC 4/0 with Lou's handle that I'm going back inside of anyway.

These are fun!

steelfish

Quote from: thorhammer on June 13, 2018, 01:12:16 PM
T so I cannibalized three other builds to put together Ted's Tank Top, shifter, and custom handle together on Tom's plates,

just like legos.. great reel John boy.

The Baja Guy

Fishy247

QuoteTed, like you never busted up your lego's before.....

I like the way you think!  ;D

Long Enuff