Need help with drag backing off on near new PG251. Any suggestions?

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, June 13, 2018, 07:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I just sold someone a Pro Gear 251.  The drag is backing itself off.  I am sure that wear has not caused this problem, as the reel looks like new.  I would really appreciate it if someone would please let me know what is causing this to happen, and how it might be fixed.

Thanks,

Randy

Swami805

I'm no expert but I think there should be a wavey washer that applies pressure on the Star to keep it from loosening. I think I goes between the handle and the Star. That would be the first thing I'd check that all the washers are in the right order. Hope it's as easy as that.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bryan Young

Likely someone had opened the reel and the drag washers are out of order.  the last drag washer should be keyed (looks like a back to back Double D).  If it's not, the star will likely back off when drag is pulled.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Swami805 on June 13, 2018, 08:10:03 PM
I'm no expert but I think there should be a wavey washer that applies pressure on the Star to keep it from loosening. I think I goes between the handle and the Star. That would be the first thing I'd check that all the washers are in the right order. Hope it's as easy as that.
Sure sounds as you are to me...good call!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.