alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Need help with drag backing off on near new PG251. Any suggestions?
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
August 17, 2018, 12:30:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with drag backing off on near new PG251. Any suggestions?  (Read 192 times)
Vintage Offshore Tackle
Photo Group

« on: June 13, 2018, 11:25:40 AM »

I just sold someone a Pro Gear 251.  The drag is backing itself off.  I am sure that wear has not caused this problem, as the reel looks like new.  I would really appreciate it if someone would please let me know what is causing this to happen, and how it might be fixed.

Thanks,

Randy
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 11:27:05 AM by Vintage Offshore Tackle » Logged
Swami805

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 12:10:03 PM »

Iím no expert but I think there should be a wavey washer that applies pressure on the Star to keep it from loosening. I think I goes between the handle and the Star. That would be the first thing Iíd check that all the washers are in the right order. Hope itís as easy as that.
Bryan Young
Ultimate Upgrades Drags
Administrator

The Reel Whisperer

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 04:55:15 PM »

Likely someone had opened the reel and the drag washers are out of order.  the last drag washer should be keyed (looks like a back to back Double D).  If it's not, the star will likely back off when drag is pulled.

Cheesy I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. Cheesy
Alto Mare

Southeastern Pennsylvania

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 06:01:34 PM »

Iím no expert but I think there should be a wavey washer that applies pressure on the Star to keep it from loosening. I think I goes between the handle and the Star. That would be the first thing Iíd check that all the washers are in the right order. Hope itís as easy as that.
Sure sounds as you are to me...good call!

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: