alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial tiagrqa 80w drag slips while trolling.
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
October 19, 2018, 03:05:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tiagrqa 80w drag slips while trolling.  (Read 198 times)
SumthinFishy

« on: June 13, 2018, 02:23:58 PM »

Aloha, i had a friend of mine tell me, just after getting his reel serviced, that while trolling the line would keep slipping off the reel. i asked if turned up the preset, and was told they had turned the preset all the way up and ha the lever all the way up and the lure was still pulling line off. When i looked at the reel i had only put the preset 4-5 turns and slid the lever up and i couldn't pull anything off the reel at all. I Can only assume they know what they were doing/saying. but what im seeing is completely different from what they are saying.
has anyone seen this type issue with the tiagra ? where you know the drag discs are new but line supposedly slips while trolling a lure ? thanks everyone for your help. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 02:24:39 PM by SumthinFishy » Logged
handi2
Sensei

OCD Reel Service and Repair

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 03:00:32 PM »

I have never experienced that with any Tiagra reels. Since you have checked it and its good they may be inexperienced in using this reel.

There is always the issue of line slipping on the spool if it was recently spooled with braided line.

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 08:30:31 PM »

yeah, braid slipping on the spool.......   Undecided

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: