Lexa 300 hd help

Started by Realfunone, June 14, 2018, 01:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Realfunone

As I reassembled the reel. I spotted stuck to the greased side plate a VERY small flat washer.  The might be the smallest washer I've ever seen. Maybe they call this a spacer. Idk. It is so fine it looks like stripped thread pulled off a 3/16 hole . Small and thin. This is not lock washer. It is flat . Where does this washer go. The schematic isn't clear on what or where this goes. Any help would be great. This is my first reel using the grease bearing packer. Very frustrating little  Pia. This is the second time I have taken apart. I did not take the level winder apart. So it's not that small spacer. Washer in question is smaller. Or from the picture it looks smaller.
Thanks guys

Swami805

From your description it sounds like a shim not a washer. Could it have come from under a bearing in one of the bearing cups or something? never opened a lexa, Just a guess
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Realfunone

Swami you were right . It was a shim behind the cast control knob. I'm not sure how it was stuck in the grease on the Side plate, but hey I got it. It feels like butter now. Thanks for the help.