Penn 160

Started by Alto Mare, June 15, 2018, 10:27:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

If that'ed happened to me as a kid, I'd a never forgotten it. Lookin at that mod.,  indeed, it woulda started me on the road to "conventional" wisdom alot earlier...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Alto Mare

Thanks guys and gals! I'm hoping he will enjoy this reel for a long time.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bhale1

I for one can personally attest to how great that reel will be for that young man! I started here looking for help on a couple of reels myself.
Sal rebuilt a couple of matching 155's that were my late father-in-laws. My daughters (14 & 12)now have them, and are very proud of them!
I just hope they will grow to really appreciate how special they are, right now they are "really cool" reels, and thats good enough for me. Im actually kind of jealous, it took me many years to start getting top notch equipment.
Great job as always Sal!.....
Nice knob by the way ;D..., but thats to be expected with anything you, Ted, Lou, and others take on around here!!!
Brett

Dominick

La tua generosità è tutto sull'essere Italiani. Grazie per esserti preso cura del bambino.  Domenico
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

I am not Italian Dominick, but Sal has taught me a lot.
Not just with reels. He is a Good Man.
It is all about paying it forward.
If more learned by his example, the world would be a better place. ;)
Life is Good!

Bill B

You're a class act Sal.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Decker

Good story. Nice save, Salvatore.  I like the walnut knob.