Again in my playgrounds

Started by steelfish, June 15, 2018, 07:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

well, I have the visit from a friend from Spain (he's been living in Mexico for some years now and travels all aroung Mexico because of a TV show )
see this   http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=22363.0

I must say he had hard time trying to convincing me to go fishing with him this time, it was something like this:
- Chef:  Alex, Im going to San Felipe next week for work but I have one day free, would you like to go fishing?
-- Alex: the lunch and drinks are on me!!

anyway, summer is start to hit here but we still have a nice day not too hot but YT is gone for the season, we still have a good time fishing bait for some curvinas, triggers, spottedbass and troll a bit with enough luck to get two nice sized groupers.

1 paradise start here
2 on our way to the water
3 thats how we roll, I mean, how we troll
4 nice mean cabrilla

The Baja Guy

steelfish

1. it was a double hook up, mi amigo Chef and myself got hit at the same time
2. this was the catch of the day
3. Since we had an international Chef onboard we left him prepare a snack of "scallops ceviche" in the afternoon
4. money shot, those scallops where caught/harvested in the morning, never frozen, as fresh as it gets.

now that was a good fishing day, good time, good friends and good food... ooh and some fish for dinner!!

The Baja Guy

ChileRelleno

Oh heck yeah, looks like a great day, friends and fishing, yep

I approve this thread.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

handi2

That's some great eating fish..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Benni3

Great photos and great fishing  ;D

David Hall

Now that's adventure worth sharing.  Fishing with your buddy the chef and make him prepare the fresh catch.  Well done.  I too approve this thread.

Marcq

Nice!!I love it there  8)

Marc..

Maxed Out

This is the good life !!

Thanks for sharing your fun adventure.... Makes me wish I was there

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Tiddlerbasher

Thanks for the ride and yum that looks good :)

mo65

Way to go Alex...bravo! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Dominick

Way to go Alex.  Yum.  I'm heading down to Los Cabos on Tuesday.  Forecast is for heavy wind.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Very nice Alex! That's some good eating.
Thanks for taking us along compadre😉

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelfish

gracias amigos,

it was indeed a good fishing day, fishing was slow most of the day but it was still a great day overall.

that same day, I saw a really big nebula ray, the one with two horns infront of the face, captain told me that from time to time he had saw them fly over the surface, but they are really shy so, its not a normal show.
the one I saw was kind of close to the panga, most of the time was just below the surface I could see it clearly with my polarized sunglasses but sadly the camera on the cellphone didnt caught any good pic, I calculate 6ft - 8ft long at least

ps: 1st pic is mine, 2nd one is just to show you what kid of ray is the one I saw, I stole the 2nd pic form the web
The Baja Guy

Fishy247

Not sure how I missed this report! Looks like a fun day on the water Alex. Pretty awesome seeing that ray and those scallops are making me hungry! Keep these reports coming and get back out there before it's too hot... ;)

-Mike