New Run Of Tiburon 808 Kits for Newell 300 Series. Ready in July. SJ Too!

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, June 15, 2018, 07:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

We are having Tiburon run 30 more 808 kits and 20 Super Jigmaster kits and they will be ready to ship in July. If you would like one, I would really appreciate it if you would please place your order as soon as possible. They are a little bit cheaper than the first run at $185 plus $4.94 for shipping to anywhere in the USA, including Hawaii, by USPS first class parcel with tracking.

I had told Tiburon that I wanted to make them ASAP, but they never gave me a firm delivery date. They just called me today to say that the spools are ready and they need the color selections ASAP for anodizing, so that is why I am asking for your order now.

These kits will be the same as the original run, except that you can have them in any of Tiburon's standard colors (Electric Blue, Cobalt Blue, Dark Green, Purple, Red, Black and Silver). The bases and rod clamps will be black.

If you are not familiar with the 808 kits, they are 3" wide and will increase the line capacity of your 300 series Newell. In some Newells, shims are required to insure that the spool is properly centered in the frame, so shims will be provided with each 808 kit. They are easy to install if your reel has the adjustable bearing cups on both sides, as in all P and G series, most "No Letter" series and some S series reels, but if you have a C series reel or an S that does not have the adjustable cup on the right side, you may have to take your reel all of the way apart to install the shim under the bearing.

If you would like to buy a kit for July delivery, please PM me your color selection as soon as possible as Tiburon is waiting for me to give them the color mix. I will not be asking for payment until the kits are ready to pick up, which will be sometime in July.

Thank you,

Gfish

I think I's covered in the end a the first thread, for a Superjiggy kit in silver/silver (for a 500 conversion). The last post in that thread was May 27th. Am I readin your 1st post in this thread wrong? Am I still covered? Anyway Silver/silver-1 kit, but if I can change it to green/ silver ---even better! Thanks Randy, the end is near... of the jiggy collection!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

No problem changing to green frame silver spool, so long as you are OK with Tiburon's green which is darker than the Cortez and Accurate green.  Will that work for you?

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Gfish on June 16, 2018, 03:57:04 PM
OMG! They won't exactly match! Kiddin, yeah, that's fine.

That's great Greg, I just wanted to make sure.  I have you down for one 808 kit for the 300 series Newells, green frame/silver spool. 

Thanks,

Randy

Gfish

Is the Newell kit the same as the Jigmaster kit? Cause that's what I's talkin bout.
To clarify, 1-Super jigmaster kit, which I requested on the first thread back in May.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Gfish on June 17, 2018, 06:19:10 AM
Is the Newell kit the same as the Jigmaster kit? Cause that's what I's talkin bout.

Greg, the frames are the same but the spools are different.  We are running both the Newell and Jigmaster kits.  You can have either.  It sounds like you want the Jigmaster.  Is that correct?

Thank you,

Randy

Gfish

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Gfish on June 17, 2018, 06:26:25 AM
Yes, sorry for the confusion

My fault Greg.  You said that you were talking about the Super Jigmaster in your first post.

Jigtosser

I saw this last night, I had a hunch there might be some confusion   :(
Glad you are now on the same page :D

Danny. 

uluacringe

Is there anymore 808 kits? I'll take a pair of black ones. Thanks