Fathers Day Ribeyes, Smoked and Reverse Seared

Started by ChileRelleno, June 16, 2018, 08:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

The family went to Costco and came back with two trays of Ribeye steaks, one Choice and one Prime for my Fathers Day enjoyment... And theirs too ;)

Start off by dry brining them with Kosher salt.
Then I'm going to slow smoke them with hickory to an IT of 100°, followed by a high temp reverse sear in cast iron.

Prime

Choice

For sides I've some fresh ears of corn, zucchini and yellow squash going on the grill.
Plus I've a zesty zucchini and squash casserole going in the oven.

Start with a layer of Rotel Cilantro Lime, tomato sauce and spiced with salt and cilantro.
The layer zucchini, squash and onion across the dish.
Top with more Rotel, tomato sauce, spices and several pats of butter.
Bake at 375° till veggies are hot and just tender.

More to come, get in crack a beer and enjoy the ride.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

ChileRelleno

Dinner Last Night

Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

ChileRelleno

Leftovers Lunch

Cast Iron Onions cooked in bacon grease
Then re-sear the steak in the bacon/onion seasoned skillet
Give the corn a quick reheat in the microwave (wrapped in wet paper towels)

Ragnar Benson:

conchydong

You never cease to dazzle us with your outstanding eats. Happy fathers day.

Scott

David Hall

Can't wait to get him on a group trip and turn him loose on a fresh catch and sides!

Alto Mare

Master Chef Chile, can cook anything.

Good job!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 17, 2018, 09:56:33 PM
Master Chef Chile, can cook anything.

Good job!

Sal
Ha! Far from it, I wish, but I get vexed trying to prepare a lot of fancier dishes, especially sauces.
I know my way around a smoker/grill, can follow a recipe and understand the basics of cooking, that's about it.

Ragnar Benson:

Shark Hunter

Back at ya John Boy!
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson: