Bermuda Reef Fishing Day, June 21, 2018

Started by El Pescador, June 16, 2018, 10:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

The Mrs. and me are in Astoria, NY, getting ready to leave out of Port Liberty, NJ, for a short cruise.

This am, while walking back from getting my bagel & coffee, I saw this deli.

Sal, Kris & Charlie's Deli - Sandwich King of Astoria.  I'm thinking, any place with the word - SAL - has to be at least good!!!

Walked back for lunch, asked for the best item on the menu, they all said, "The BOMB!"

So I placed my order and walked home to enjoy.

This deli is at the base of the NY Connecting Railroad viaduct on 23rd ave. & 33rd. St.

More photos to follow.

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Alto Mare

Haha...very nice buddy, enjoy "the bomb" 🙂
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

El Pescador

And I must say, the smell in the place was off the hook,

The marinated red peppers were fantastic, need to see if they sell it by the jar.

Also, I designed this shopping bag carrier for the L..O...N...G... walks back from the bodegas & food stores, here, NO ONE takes a car.  Very foreign to me.

With my paper shuffling soft hands, carrying a bag fill of 8 water bottles & a six pack of beer, leaves my tender hands sore.  I so cut a 1/2" plastic pipe, the width of my hand, cut in a slot for the nylon bag handles, a VOILA, can walk for miles now.

And for the sandwich, you need to be Linda Lovelace to down this thing!!!!

On the way back, the Bier Gardens were ripp'n.

More on the fishing day...

Wayne

El Pescador

The Deli created "The BOMB" - I just ordered it!

And BTW, Dominick is always going off the taste of the bread back in his beloved NYC, and I just roll my eyes, thinking, what can beat SF Sour Dough?????

I get it now, this bread is like nothing I've EVER enjoyed,  Dominick chime in tell us why it is so different.

Wayne

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Ron Jones

That bag holder needs to be patented, that there is a million dollar invention.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

El Pescador

Necessity IS the Mother of Invention!

Or

Was that soft hands?

theswimmer

Wayne , Dude , your killing me!
Also when on a Walkabout always bring a Klettersack......
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Dominick

Notice that the bread is stacked up.  No plastic bags.  A sandwich is always about the bread.  That's the difference my boy... Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Keep those pictures coming Wayne,
I'm a Sucker for a Good Sub Sandwich.
The Bomb looks very Good.
Never been to the Big Apple.
Been to Jersey a few times and could see the Statue across the Bay.
We Have a Jersey Mikes that Makes a pretty good Sub.
Life is Good!