My new Workbench

Started by mikeysm, June 17, 2018, 08:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

Nice Mike; good luck with it.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

twotone

Neat--o Mike! I like you style !!
twotone

franky

Very nice.  :)

Those deep pockets along the side is good for holding your pliers, screwdrivers, etc... to keep the work area clear.  That shelf next to the work table is also good for stacking all the reels that need to be worked on.  Couple shelves for those needing service and the other two shelves for completed reels for pick up.   ;D

mikeysm

Thank You all  for the good words. I wanted something that would last a long time.

Mike

steelfish

now thats a perfect example when art meets funcionallity, congrats buddy.

this is my man cave and work bench, sometimes its the bedroon and somethings the living room, but sometimes its just a boring picknic table  ;D ;D
The Baja Guy

Rivverrat

I just saw this. That is a sweet bench. I really like the cradle rod in the first pic... Jeff

Midway Tommy

Quote from: steelfish on October 23, 2018, 05:24:29 PM
now thats a perfect exambple when art meets funcionallity, congrats buddy.

this is my man cave and work bench, sometimes its the bedroon and somethings the living room, but sometimes its just a boring picknic table  ;D ;D

That's a nice work station! It even looks to be better organized than Fred's  :o, but you need to make a trip to the tool store.  ;D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

steelfish

Quote from: Midway Tommy on October 23, 2018, 05:59:01 PM

That's a nice work station! It even looks to be better organized than Fred's  :o, but you need to make a trip to the tool store.  ;D

LOL, but fred's workshop is like disneyland for any reel repair head

Quote from: Midway Tommy on October 23, 2018, 05:59:01 PM

......but you need to make a trip to the tool store.  ;D
I have that covered amigo and as well they are into a mobile station aka toolbox, all the tools I need for normal maintenance and basic repairs are inside this toolbox

The Baja Guy

Darin Crofton

Very nice, I'm inspired now!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Reel 224

Quote from: steelfish on October 23, 2018, 05:24:29 PM
now thats a perfect example when art meets funcionallity, congrats buddy.

I have that same table for my temporary lathe bench, it works and it's cheep ;) ;D. But I have to build a better bench for my milling machine or move in the basement :-\. I know Ruth is wishing I would move in the basement......................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Rivverrat

Quote from: steelfish on October 23, 2018, 07:43:09 PM

I have that covered amigo and as well they are into a mobile station aka toolbox, all the tools I need for normal maintenance and basic repairs are inside this toolbox

But Alex I dont see a big hammer in your mobile tool box. Every tool box needs a "BIG" hammer.  Especially for Shimanos.  Every Shimano that needed the the "BIG" hammer never again needed any work. It's really an amazing thing... Jeff

steelfish

Quote from: Rivverrat on October 23, 2018, 08:55:37 PM
Quote from: steelfish on October 23, 2018, 07:43:09 PM

But Alex I dont see a big hammer in your mobile tool box. Every tool box needs a "BIG" hammer.  Especially for Shimanos.  Every Shimano that needed the the "BIG" hammer never again needed any work. It's really an amazing thing... Jeff

I dont know how BIG you want the hammer to see it but its there compadre, it was covered with other tools, and your right about shimanos I have to use it more times than I though I would, its there for the finesse touch for shimanos
sorry for hijack the thread

Quote from: Reel 224 on October 23, 2018, 08:45:25 PM
I know Ruth is wishing I would move in the basement......................Joe

LOL, I know what you mean, my wife want me to have some spare rooms built on the 2nd floor and move my things (with me included)  there!!  ;D ;D
The Baja Guy

JoseCuervo

That is really nice, Mike!  8)

You know, that is actually going to be considered furniture, and will need to be kept clean / polished..

[Edit: The thread is old enough, Mike needs to post a current pic..]

My space is in the garden shed, which I kind of like, as does the SO. Kerosene, Simple Green, and vinegar actually stink. So does grease.  ;D  I'd just assume not hear about it.

At least it has a granite worktop! I clean that periodically. I could even cook dinner out there if I wanted.

I have always been a carrier of the Penndicitus virus, but lately it has been severely inflamed, maybe terminal.

Rob