alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Penn Torque 25 Star Drag Sale
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
July 20, 2018, 10:33:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Penn Torque 25 Star Drag Sale  (Read 1300 times)
cwillis85

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2018, 01:40:19 PM »

I got to go huk some lead with my new setup today. Throwing a 6oz egg sinker felt great, best distance I have ever got with that much weight. Caught one 8"ish white grunt on it, didnt even notice it was on there until I got it to the surface. So far the gear feels strong but again I barely gave it a test. I got a 50/50 combo on good cast and elaborate bird nest, less and less the more I cast. So far this combo is shaping up to be my favorite, light, strong, and fits my hands so well.

Chris
handi2
Sensei

OCD Reel Service and Repair

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2018, 01:43:46 PM »

Iím a dummy Jeff. It states it right on the package. Its good to know you can still get them separately.

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL
Rivverrat

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2018, 02:06:07 PM »

Iím a dummy Jeff. It states it right on the package. Its good to know you can still get them separately.

Grin   Believe you to be far from being a dummy. I know it has to be confusing for some with the 4.8:1 set not being listed on any Torques except the 40 on Mystics website
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 02:07:43 PM by Rivverrat » Logged
Rivverrat

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2018, 02:20:33 PM »

Chris, I'm glad this reel is working well for you. If this does turn out to be your Fav. you should look at the 12 & 15 star drags. While these work well in the salt they will work great in frsh water landing or bringing to boat any fresh water fish that swims in North America. Unless the depth is great... Jeff 
cwillis85

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2018, 02:39:42 PM »

We just signed paperwork to build a house in Apollo Beach, 10 minutes from the bay. Hooefully the only fresh water fishing for me will be the catch and release ponds in the community with my daughter. Then just cobia and reds running through the warm power plant discharge. Fingers crossed of course  Grin

Chris
swill88
Photo Group

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2018, 02:53:25 PM »

We just signed paperwork to build a house in Apollo Beach, 10 minutes from the bay. Hooefully the only fresh water fishing for me will be the catch and release ponds in the community with my daughter. Then just cobia and reds running through the warm power plant discharge. Fingers crossed of course  Grin

Congratulations!  Exciting times are ahead for sure!
Rivverrat

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2018, 02:55:55 PM »

Wow Chris, You lucky dog. Living there one of those two reels would still be a consideration for me.  They cast lite stuff like a spinner... Jeff

cwillis85

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2018, 03:52:39 PM »

I had to sell my squall 15 to help pay for the torque. I really liked that reel for 2oz wieghts. That cast like a dream, the clicker was super stiff and you could feel it was close to its limit on a few of the under 10lb jacks. I think i will be looking more at either finishing my Jigmaster into a long range bomber or look at the Fathom series when the time comes. Not sure a new $600 reel is in the cards anytime soon. Unless of course another deal like this last one comes up, might have to go do a side job to get one or two.

Chris
Rivverrat

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2018, 07:36:36 PM »

There are deals on these reels often enough. No problems tossing 1/4 - 1/2 oz on my Torque 12's.

This 25 does OK with 1 oz.  but starts singing with 2 oz.   weights & up with my 8' Tilefish.

This combo will be used for drifting & casting bait  for distance. Until I find an appropriate 9' - 10'  two pc. rod & afford to purchase it... Jeff

nelz

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2018, 05:51:20 AM »

Looks like Cabelas dropped the entire line of Torque stars a couple of days ago. Snooze'ya'loose!
Rivverrat

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2018, 05:32:49 PM »

Looks like Cabelas dropped the entire line of Torque stars a couple of days ago. Snooze'ya'loose!

I think its sad in a way. Ive noticed tackle shops dropping star drag reels.

I really do like the few 2 speed lever drags I own. While Ive gone back & forth deciding whether  I reeally need them.

I find myself headed out with them every week.

However my heart will always be with the simple & lowly star drag... Jeff
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: