20/0 KITS: Here they are!

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, June 22, 2018, 12:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I will begin shipping tomorrow.  If anyone has not paid for their kits yet, please do so now by PayPal to rosygirl900@aol.com.  If you would prefer to send a check, please PM me for my address.

Once I figure out the shipping costs, I will let you know if you owe me.  If you have overpaid, I will send you a refund.  For those of you who had Tiburon inscribe their frames, please hold off on sending your $20 until I get you the amount owed for shipping if any.

I hope that you all love the kits.  The lines that you see on the bottom of the frame on the third photo are reflections of the white shelving in Tiburon's staging area, not flaws in the anodizing, and yes, I know that you do not put the rod brace on the threads of the reel seat!

Thanks again for making this project possible.

Randy

twotone

Sweet and looking good !!  Thank you  R.P.
twotone

FatTuna

I'm not going to lie. those look really good. Probably should have bought one.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

mikeysm

Randy it will be hard to top this kit. A once in a life time deal.

Mike

TheReelShop

Wow this is just plain bad ####!!!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you Mike, Adrian, John, Daron, Chad, Mo, Fat Tuna and Tony!

The next brand new project is going in the opposite direction, an extra narrow Jigmaster, and I had better get my rear end in gear and start selling them because there are forty of them coming next month.

Thanks again,

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: TheReelShop on June 22, 2018, 03:25:43 AM

Adrian, please take a look at the photos of the reel with the black frame and the silver spool and let me know whether or not you would like to change your spool color to silver.  I have an extra one.

Thanks,

Randy

TheReelShop

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on June 22, 2018, 03:30:00 AM
Quote from: TheReelShop on June 22, 2018, 03:25:43 AM

Adrian, please take a look at the photos of the reel with the black frame and the silver spool and let me know whether or not you would like to change your spool color to silver.  I have an extra one.

Thanks,

Randy

Hey Randy I will stick to all black... Thank You again for all this!

Shark Hunter

The spool arbor isn't as big as I thought it would be.
This thing is going to hold a ton of line!
They really turned out Nice Randy. ;)
Life is Good!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 22, 2018, 04:10:39 AM
The spool arbor isn't as big as I thought it would be.
This thing is going to hold a ton of line!
They really turned out Nice Randy. ;)

Thank you Daron.  Yours will be on it's way tomorrow.  I am anticipating that some of us are going to want to upgrade our reels mechanically.  Do you have a short list of recommended trick parts?

Thanks again,

Randy

Shark Hunter

No. 1 would be a stainless sleeve from Tom, but I think those are out of stock at the moment.
No. 2 is an insert Kit from Adam. Availability is always an issue on custom parts. I buy them when they are available.
No. 3 is a Stainless Handle Arm, also from Adam. His offset models are the best there is.
No. 4 is a 5/0 Grip.
With these four parts alone, it makes a much stronger reel and it makes it look so much better than stock.
Using the stock plates allows for ss double dogs. A Must with a reel like this.
Cutting plates for the dogs is not advisable if you aren't familiar. If you ruin it. Good luck finding a 16/0 side plate for less than you want to pay.
This is a long post, but all I did to this 16/0 was clean it up and put in a new 7 stack of Carbon Fiber.
Mike caught a 14' Tiger Shark on it. It made me feel good that my work made it Happen for him.
After his catch, I did replace the Brass sleeve with a stainless one. I think that is all you really need.
New Carbon Fiber stack and a Stainless sleeve,
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=22384.0
This is the whole hog version, but like I said, most of these parts are unavailable now.
Stainless Main Gear, Sleeve, Dogs, Handle and all that was available at the time.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=15476.0
Life is Good!