20/0 KITS: Here they are!

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, June 22, 2018, 12:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I have had a few requests to show the Senator 20/0 compared to an Everol 20/0.
I am fortunate enough to now own 2 of the biggest reels currently manufactured in the world.
That feat was only accomplished by dealing with Everol Italy. The Mother Ship.
Paolo and Giovanni, I thank you. ;)
The frame dimensions are pretty much identical, But the Everol is wider only because of the two speed gear case, and the much beefier frame to handle the drag that no ordinary man could handle.
This is apples to oranges, but I hope you enjoy the photos.
Big Thanks to Randy for offering the only Senator 20/0.
I am proud to own one of only 20 made. ;D
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

kmstorm64

Quote from: The Great Maudu on July 09, 2018, 02:37:16 PM
Quote from: Jigtosser on July 04, 2018, 11:21:05 PM
Darin,
You are the Best,at putting the Big Reels Together !!!

Dan

I agree!
Here are a few pics of BIGFOOT fresh from the oven. I have a special16/0 donor reel on the way that should arrive today. I'm planning on using the original crank arm from the donor reel. It has the post but the torpedo style handle is missing. I'm hoping to be able to figure out a way (with help from you all) to put a handle on it. Also, it's going to need to be re- chromed. Any suggestions about that would be appreciated as well. Randy and Tiburon a first class job all around.

Find a charmer that triple dips prior to chroming, this is the old school way. Not sure if chromium or nickel works better in the salt water environment. But I know some old School car guys who swear by Nickel chrome plating as being vastly superior to the newer style chrome process.
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

Benni3

20/0 & everol,,,, :o nice very nice!!! Is the senator taller

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

TheReelShop

Very Very nice setups there!!!Cant wait to have mines assembled. Once I get a chance in between work and rod/reel repair, hopefully I can get to mine.

Daron are you going to fish your 20/0?

Shark Hunter

Not any time soon, But someday. ;)
Life is Good!

Benni3

Can anybody compare a 130 to 20/0?

1badf350

Benni do you meen a size comparison or performance?
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Benni3

Quote from: 1badf350 on September 03, 2018, 01:30:10 PM
Benni do you meen a size comparison or performance?
size :)  for line capability,,,,, 20/0 was 2500yards 200lb braid topshot with 275yards 200lb mono ;D

Darin Crofton

What a great thread to read through this morning, watching all these reels come alive is pretty dang cool!
Now I want to see someone post some in-action photos and after with some big monsters, who's first???
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

The Great Maudu

This one is a little late to the party but I have her mostly complete. I went with the black frame and black Spool and I think it makes for a pretty good look. I have to thank John Taylor and his friend, the wizard, for making my handle design a reality. I have always liked the S curved handles and thought it would be a good fit. I still have a couple other customizations I'm going to do but next is to buy or build the right rod. I'm planning to take this rig shark fishing this summer.

1badf350

Wow that one is a killer!!! Nicely done !
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"