20/0 KITS: Here they are!

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, June 22, 2018, 12:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

These reels are blowing my mind...just a jaw dropper...they all look fantastic folks! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Benni3

54bullseye

Quote from: broadway on July 12, 2018, 11:01:46 AM
Really nice combo, John.  I like the color choices you made... looks vintage.
Daron, brought it to my attention... what's up with that handle? Looks sweet but I can't zoom in enough to tell the materials or style. Enjoy that set up, ain't another like it. 8)
Stay fishy
Dom

Here you go Dom.     http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=25857.0

TheReelShop

These kits you all have shown look amazing. Im in the process of picking up the reel to start my build. Already got a rod. Are you all going to be using these reels?

The Great Maudu

I am.  Mine won't be complete in time to take next month. However, I can't imagine building this out and not trying it on a big fish. I wasn't buying/building to resell but I don't think using it is going to hurt the value.

Shark Hunter

Mike,
If you want it for your trip, you need to get it to me.
We can talk options then. Unless you want to build it yourself.
Maybe a new set of plates and outer rings.
As far as spooling it, you are on your own there. ;)
Life is Good!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I am planning to give mine a good workout at Prince Edward Island in September.

TheReelShop

Quote from: The Great Maudu on July 21, 2018, 03:50:58 AM
I am.  Mine won't be complete in time to take next month. However, I can't imagine building this out and not trying it on a big fish. I wasn't buying/building to resell but I don't think using it is going to hurt the value.

I'm not planning to resell. No way.. But considering they are exclusive I was wondering. Hopefully Today I can get my reel

mikeysm

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on July 21, 2018, 05:37:30 AM

Randy what rod are you using with your reel? I have all the parts for my rod just no time off to take it to the rod builder. I want to match the reel to the rod so I need alan to spool the line for me.

Mike

The Great Maudu

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 21, 2018, 04:17:45 AM
Mike,
If you want it for your trip, you need to get it to me.
We can talk options then. Unless you want to build it yourself.
Maybe a new set of plates and outer rings.
As far as spooling it, you are on your own there. ;)

I would never turn down any help or assistance from you Brother. I get back tomorrow so I'll get in touch on when we can meet- probably next weekend. New plates and rings sounds perfect!

TheReelShop

Curious to see the rods that end up being matched up to these monsters!!

The Great Maudu

ReelShop are you located in Panama City Beach?

TheReelShop

Quote from: The Great Maudu on July 21, 2018, 04:06:56 PM
ReelShop are you located in Panama City Beach?

Nah I'm in Miami, FL

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: mikeysm on July 21, 2018, 01:09:19 PM
Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on July 21, 2018, 05:37:30 AM

Randy what rod are you using with your reel? I have all the parts for my rod just no time off to take it to the rod builder. I want to match the reel to the rod so I need alan to spool the line for me.

Mike
[/quote

Mike, I am going to be using one of the boat's stand-up rods, whichever one that the captain wants to use.  These are 5.5'-6' with a short adjustable butt and very heavy action to fish 200 lb. line.  Last year, he had me using an acid-wrapped rod (you can see in the photo that the guides are rotated counter-clockwise with the tip being upside down like a spinning rod), which looked bizarre to me at first sight, but I didn't really notice any difference in the action.

54bullseye

That reel is gonna look BAD #### on a stand up rod !!! Might be hard to reach around it to crank.  More power to ya !! Rod holder for me Lol !!~!~   John Taylor