NEXT TIBURON PROJECT: P21XN EXTRA NARROW JIGMASTER KITS $129.

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, June 22, 2018, 04:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Our next Tiburon project is a 1.25" wide Jigmaster kit.  That's approximately half the width of the 2 7/16" 500, and 3/8" narrower than the 501.  This is about as narrow as one can go and still be able to mount a rod clamp and have room for a large thumb.  They are available in any of Tiburon's standard colors (red, purple, cobalt blue, electric blue, silver, black and dark green), and you can mix and match spool and frame colors.  They are $129 plus $4.94 for shipping if paid by check, money order, Visa or Mastercard.  For credit card payments, I will be sending invoices through Square.com.  Add 3% for PayPal payments.  There are 40 kits available and they are scheduled for delivery in late July.

Please let me know if you would like one.

Thanks,

Randy

Swami805

Put me down for one in cobalt blue Randy. Will these work with Cortez or other plates?  Either way is fine with me just checking. Thanks for doing all these kits, you're on a roll!  Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

Jigtosser

Randy,
You are on a roll!  ;)
I'm thinking Dark Green/Black spool... Mean Green Surface Iron Machine  :o :o  :o
One can never have enough enough narrow reels ;D
Thanks for doing this!!!
Danny

jlezama

swill88

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Swami805 on June 22, 2018, 05:13:00 PM
Put me down for one in cobalt blue Randy. Will these work with Cortez or other plates?  Either way is fine with me just checking. Thanks for doing all these kits, you're on a roll!  Sheridan

Thank you Sheridan!  These kits will work with any standard Jigmaster plates: Cortez, Accurate, Lee Pro, Baja Pacific, etc.  They will also work with several other Penn models: 259, 250, 1/0 Senator, and probably one or two others that I can't think of at the moment.

They will also work with Newell 300C plates if you put the little orange bushings on the spool shafts.  I don't know if they will work on other Newell series if you use the bushings.  I am pretty sure that they will work on the original P and G series, but I have been told that the later Newells had smaller trim ring inside diameters and smaller OD spools, so they may not be compatible.  Maybe our Newell experts could chime in on this issue?

I am also going to ask Tiburon if they will make some shafts for the 505/506HS plates, but I don't know about that yet.

Thanks again,

Randy

CooldadE

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Fishy247

I'm in for 2, please! 1 green, 1 cobalt blue. 1 electric blue spool and I'm still not sure about the other....probably silver though.

Thanks Randy!

cmdrzog

I'm in for two  1 cobalt blue    1 dark green.  Thanks for offering this.

Bob

sabaman1

Randy I'm in for 1 red with red spool and 1 purple with purple spool. Thanks!
JIM

CooldadE

I can't decide on what color... I have bergandy, red and black plate reels.
Suggestions???
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

JRD

One electric blue and one purple, both with matching spools please for me.