Curado 200E7

Started by SwitcheS12, June 24, 2018, 03:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwitcheS12

I was cleaning my Curado 200E7 and noticed that it didn't have an anti-reverse pawl...so then I noticed that it didn't have the post that it sits on.  I looked at the schematic and noticed it didn't have a part number for it. I saw the anti-reverse pawl (BNT2404) but not the post.  First pic is of a Chronarch with that post/piece and second is the Curado with the missing piece/part.  If anyone has any info on the part I'd appreciate it!

alantani

yeah, i've seen that a couple of times.  no post.  i have the pawls but no posts.  there isn't even a part number for it.  it's almost like they ran out, decided to just leave it out and figured no one would notice until it was too late. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ruffy

I don't really find the backup necessary and have taken all mine out; these reels are a heap smoother without the backup pawl, the ARB will hold max drag on these fine and are easily replaced if busted. I always have backup reels so no need to fish on the backup pawl if it were to bust either. I haven't kept the posts though sorry, otherwise I'd send them your way if you wanted them in!

Cheers,
Andrew

Zimbass

In freshwater applications, as it here in Zimbabwe, I routinely remove the pawl and post from every reel I service.

They serve no purpose, other than cause noise, and issues when they come loose.

I have kept the parts, but, the logistics of getting them to you are an issue.

Cheers.

Terry.

Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

SwitcheS12

I appreciate the reply's!! Thanks for the information!!

exp2000

These posts are are not a tight press fit and can vibrate loose and fall out when the frame is placed in an ultrasonic cleaner.
~

handi2

Some come with and some without...
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

SwitcheS12

Yeah those pictures were before the ultrasonic...I took those pictures so when I went to put them back together I could see how they went back together...speaking of ultrasonic cleaners those things are awesome! I asked for for Father's Day and man they clean those parts up nicely!