This month's Florida Sportsman

Started by jason_purdy, June 26, 2018, 12:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason_purdy

I may have moved to D.C. but I'm still a Florida guy at heart.  Imagine my surprise when I open it to find a nice little article with helpful words from Dawn in it.  It made me  :)

-Jason

wfjord

Nice article. Florida Sportsman has long been a favorite magazine of mine.  I've got boxes full of them dating back to the early '80s and I still pull them out and re-read old articles (even though I don't live in FL any more either).

Reminds me, I need to put in another order to Dawn.

Shark Hunter

Dawn has it going on. ;)
I can only Dream of living in Florida.
On our last Vacation, I told my Son.
"If I ever hit the Lottery, We will be doing this every Day!" ;D
Life is Good!

rippin_lips

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 26, 2018, 05:39:04 AM
Dawn has it going on. ;)

I live in Florida, it's not that dreamy.  When you aren't on vacation it's mostly trying not to sweat in work clothes, dealing with bugs, and putting up with all the old people and transplants with bad attitudes. 

Fishead

Quote from: rippin_lips on June 26, 2018, 01:08:32 PM
Dawn has it going on. ;)

I live in Florida, it's not that dreamy.  When you aren't on vacation it's mostly trying not to sweat in work clothes, dealing with bugs, and putting up with all the old people and transplants with bad attitudes. 

Don't forget about the horrible traffic from the above mentioned! But, with all that said, you can still go fishing in shorts & t shirt 350+ days a year.
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

RowdyW

I'm retired & live in FL. So I guess I'm a transplant,old, always on vacation, & got a bad attitude.  ;D I love it here! Heads Up, Going Out! :D          Rudy

Wally15

Quote from: Fishead on July 23, 2018, 01:46:33 PM
Dawn has it going on. ;)

Don't forget about the horrible traffic from the above mentioned! But, with all that said, you can still go fishing in shorts & t shirt 350+ days a year.

Yeah, plus you can't hardly keep anything you catch. The season restrictions and creel limits for recreational anglers on almost everything makes for a lot of frustration. I have a condo on the FL panhandle, both a bay boat and an offshore boat, and I haven't fished in FL waters this year. Mexico and Canada get my fishing $'s.

GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Gobi King

I was down in Gulf Shores, AL has "gooder" creel/bag limits sorta. Traffic does not bother me, bugs does not bother me, plus the people (both transplants and locals) are extremely nice and more than willing to share knowledge, bait, lures, spots etc.

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Shark Hunter

Gobi,
When you were in Navarre, wasn't it nice!
Except for the people claiming the pool chairs. :D
That is my go to. It is a Barrier Island, so it is out there a little bit more.
At night, it is like a Deserted Island.
That is when I fish.
Life is Good!

Gobi King

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 24, 2018, 05:31:59 AM
Gobi,
When you were in Navarre, wasn't it nice!
Except for the people claiming the pool chairs. :D
That is my go to. It is a Barrier Island, so it is out there a little bit more.
At night, it is like a Deserted Island.
That is when I fish.

Yes Sir, Navarre was beautiful, the hotel (springhill suites) was equally good, minus the pool chair hoggers  ;D
Yeah everyone is gone as soon as the sun hits the horizon, I have been watching surf fishing videos, I did not know how close the fish are to the shore.
Tight lines!
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

sdlehr

Agree 100%. When you're "here", "there" is often more attractive. Every nut case on the east coast thinks they'd be happier in Florida, and they all bring their problems with them. Happiness isn't found in a place, it's a state of mind.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

conchydong

I'm a fifth generation Floridian and have never lived anywhere else and have seen a lot of changes during the last half of a century. Immigration from the north and south created overpopulation in the most desirable areas. I was born in Key West and cannot afford to hardly even visit there anymore. But, having said that, I love to fish and dive in warm water and there's not really a lot of other affordable options so you take the good with the bad. I am retired so traffic isn't much of a problem for me as others.

But back to the topic, glad Dawn is getting exposure. Folks here are a little behind but gradually catching up to being reel junkies which mostly started in California with all of the upgrades.

Scott