New design halibut rig

Started by gstours, June 26, 2018, 05:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

I've been a believer in using scents injections, glow paints,and lights as well as something moving or rotating to make vibrations for my halibut serious fishing.🐟
    Below is a new twist I've never had the chance to try yet.  It's got a led
Flashing light in disco colors..    check your out.💁‍♂️

gstours

Uses one aa battery.

gstours

The flashing on and off may stimulate an attack.

Gfish

Cool! Vibration, light and possibly electrical current. Gotta see a report on success rate!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Ron Jones

If anyone can make it work it's you!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

whalebreath

Similar units are common here in BC and are reported to work well.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

gstours

Thanks and I'm wondering if it's an overkill?  It seems like the light may keep the glow hootchy charged up as usually they fade into the dark after dropping it down butt time will tell.💡💡
  When the chips are down sometimes you need to have a secret weapon.    👌At least there's renewed hope.🤦‍♀️

Gfish

Can the unit with the light in it, hold-up under all that water pressure?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Alto Mare

You have lots of secret weapons Gary and thanks for sharing some with us ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Nice work Butt Man.  Now you have to figure out how to play "Keeping Alive" ah ah ah ah keeping alive ah ah ah ah.  :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Wondering what you says.....beers are more friendly according to my bartender/ doctor/hugest, best friend.    Either way it's ok.💁‍♂️🤦‍♀️🎣

El Pescador

Hey Disco Daddy!!!!

I recommend you hold off on any conclusions regarding your New Halibut Rig!

Last summer, fishing the same rig for 3 days, the results are in...

a 325 lbs. Halibut,

2 in the 200's range,

???? in the 100 lbs. range,

and enough in the 25-60 lbs. range to take home for all to enjoy!!!!

KIDD'NNNNNN......

Gary, you have a great Halibut jig, results do matter,

When's salmon season?????

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Gadget

That would work over here big time on Harpuka and Blue Eye.Especially if sweetened with a strip of squid or octopue tentacle .Will have to amend some of my rigs i think.thanks for sharing
A bad days fishing is better than a good day in the office

gstours

Thanks for the input,  butt the jury is still out.  It might not help at all with the bigger halibut,  possible spooky?  Butt with a good bait it could be over powering the shy ness of a monster?🤔