PENN Pursuit III - New Product video

Started by Penn, June 27, 2018, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Thanks for showing this guys —

The Pursuit ll was at a low price point — and a good value in many areas.

Now, with the improvements of HT-100 drags added to a 4 SS bearing system, machined aluminum spool, braid ready, and the range of sizes available — this is an extraordinary value in the lll.

It is good to see meaningful small improvements from a major manufacturer.

These reels are good across all target ranges — and make a great kayak, surf, or boat reel that will perform without breaking the bank.

Had a good friend who owns a restaurant.  On a few days a year, he sells waffles for 25 cents.  When I asked him how he made any money — he said they sold thousands in a day, never stopped making them with (6) waffle makers going.  And they sold a lot of bacon and eggs at regular prices, and hundreds of gallons of coffee at $2.95 a cup.  Folks swarmed in, and there were waiting lines out the door.

Got to remember, these are $40 to $60 reels — with decent features — not everyone will appreciate or even comprehend what we do on Alan's site to hop up and understand our reel engineering.  So I think these have a place — maybe not for every one of us — but for many they will work just fine.  Just IMO.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

mo65

Sounds like a very nice reel. Interesting how years ago they started using graphite side plates to reduce weight, and now the frame gets the graphite while the side plate stays metal to keep gears aligned. Glad to see Penn still innovating, the new products are very competitive. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Alto Mare

Not sure on how that would help, but we'll see :-\.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

swill88

I'll have the waffle and coffee, black.

Thank you.

RowdyW

Now they are going to have to upgrade the Fierce too. For one thing the Fierce is a higher priced reel then the Pursuit & has felt drags. Maybe it's time to drop one or the other. JMO              Rudy

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

RowdyW

handi2

The Pursuit makes a great surf reel because it doesn't have as much metal to corrode. The others have issues with corrosion and paint loss. Hopefully they will address the finish on their all metal reels.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

thorhammer

Great reels in their application. I have two 4000, a 5000, and an 8000 in the II. If it fits I will upgrade to the HT100 washers in them.

RowdyW

The Battle HT 100's fit the Fierce so they will probably fit the Pursuit also.

Penn

Quote from: thorhammer on June 28, 2018, 01:23:23 AM
Great reels in their application. I have two 4000, a 5000, and an 8000 in the II. If it fits I will upgrade to the HT100 washers in them.

Correct just make sure you order Battle 1st gen drag washers and not 2nd gen.

tony

thorhammer

Thanks Tony! Hope you are well!

John