Penn 210

Started by Swami805, July 08, 2018, 04:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

Yes the T3N, haven't had a chance to put it together yet though. If I get it together I'll bring both. I'm not shy about taking up space. Going calico bass fishing tomorrow, managed to whittle the pile down to 6 outfits.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Sheridan, how about letting him break in your 2-speed spinning reel?  It's a backlash-free levelwind.

xjchad

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on July 09, 2018, 05:30:58 PM
Sheridan, how about letting him break in your 2-speed spinning reel?  It's a backlash-free levelwind.

I love that idea Randy!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

thorhammer

That brings up a good point- we have started using Penn SS bottom fishing for sea bass, snapper etc. and we are using 12-16 oz lead. 7500 and 9500 SS. Retrieve speed is nice. I got a 30 lb AJ on the 7500 last Monday so they will certainly get a sea bass, and we got another 30lb'er on a Slammer 460LL. Though my man was sweating at the end of that one.

Gfish

The Penn 350 might bea little on the large side, but it's godda tough, unique, steel/metal geared level winder mechanism.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Decker

I've been getting into Daiwas lately.  I think the 47SH level wind might be tougher than the 210, because of the metal frame, plus it has a 5:1 retrieve.

Quote from: Gfish on July 09, 2018, 06:38:50 PM
The Penn 350 might bea little on the large side, but it's godda tough, unique, steel/metal geared level winder mechanism.
I have a 350 that I want to try for bottom fishing too.

steelfish

amigo Sheridan, you didnt said the age of your grandson but do you think a 320gt is too big for him?

its really light, have levelwind and its pretty strong, my oldest daughter caught a 15-18# YT with easy on a good old 320gt

The Baja Guy

Swami805

We went on the 3/4 day milk run out of the local landing with 40 fellow anglers. I filled the 210 with 30lb tournament Ande and put it on a seeker cjb 70f. Nice light set up and that Ande is just a hair thinner than thier regular 25lb. It bit of an off day but we caught fish and the 210 worked great. Kid had a blast and is already asking to go again. We saw a few blue whales which added some excitement, man those are BIG!!!  As always thanks for all the helpful advice. Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

thorhammer

mhc

Great photo, you've got to be happy with that!

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Decker

Happy kid!   Glad that all worked out. 

Keta

Looks like you hooked another generation.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

xjchad

Awesome Sheridan! Look at that smile!!!  ;D
Husband, Father, Fisherman

steelfish

they didnt care if the reel was a makaira, a penn or a shakespeare, they just care about the fun and the fish they caught

congrats compadre Sheridan
The Baja Guy

Decker

Quote from: steelfish on July 31, 2018, 12:01:34 AM
they didnt care if the reel was a makaira, a penn or a shakespeare, they just care about the fun and the fish they caught

Ain't that the truth!  But a Coke can wouldn't do for that depth ;D