Frazer River BC Fishing

Started by Lunker Larry, July 08, 2018, 03:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

I can see 5 minutes for a experienced angler on a 5 footer but not on the bigger fish. Our guide told stories of those who were either older, smaller, weaker or completely inexperienced and how frustrating it was as to how long they fought the fish. But...they paid for the experience and the guide can only sit back, watch and coach. They even had clients who had to turn the rod over to the guide so you can't paint the whole fishery with one brush.  I've had guides who knew their stuff, had the right tackle, belts , a pleasure to be fishing with and worked their #### off to find fish.
My 2 cents U.S. (3.5 Canadian)  :)
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

gstours

I saw an old b&w photo with handwriting on the bottom that said a sturgeon taken below the then new bonneville dam on the Columbia was 19ft long.  Pulled out by a team of horses.  Maybe died of natural causes?  Now the offsprings are in big impoundments locked up between a dozen dams.😿.
    Back in the 70-80s we used a whole shad for bait,  before spectra we used stranded wire line,  that stuff was standard equipment and a pain to fish with.   I,m glad you have a good fishery and can still go.🎣