Pro Gear Albacore Spl

Started by mattwoodall, July 22, 2018, 10:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattwoodall

Does anyone know where I can find a lower clamp assembly (rod clamp) for a pro gear albacore special 542?

alantani

usually a penn clamp will work.  you might need the studs.  got a photo?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

As I recall the PG clamp is interchangeable with the Penn graphite clamp.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

mattwoodall

Ill get a photo up as soon as i can. I tried some penn clamps and the holes for the studs to go through were too close together (one stud would fit through the clamp and the other would be just to the outside of the hole in the clamp. These penn clamps were the stamped metal ones that came with the senators and squiders. Are the penn graphite clamps made with the holes a little wider apart??

mattwoodall

The Penn rod clamps fit my AS 280 but dont fot the AS 542. The studs are further apart on the 542

mattwoodall

here are pics

mattwoodall

here are pics

mattwoodall

alantani

yeah, a 6/0 penn clamp and long nuts will work.  you still have the studs, right? 

thorhammer

You might also look at Charkbait for a Strikemaster aluminum clamp. $20 is worth it for the reel.

mattwoodall

Thanks Alan! I bought the reel recently and its like new. It did not come with the studs or clamp. I think I will be able to find some studs though.

On a different note, do you happen to know what size bearings an albacore special 280 takes? I need to replace them in the one I have.

Thanks a bunch for the help!

mattwoodall

Thanks Thorhammer! Ill check it out

alantani

i never did write down the bearing sizes....  :-\