Need Expert Reel Mechanic Advice

Started by foakes, July 13, 2018, 10:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basenjib123

Alto Mare,  how exactly do you go about pressing the handle into the Azek?  I mean other the obvious using a press?  Thanks,  Joe.

Alto Mare

Quote from: basenjib123 on July 22, 2018, 10:37:06 PM
Alto Mare,  how exactly do you go about pressing the handle into the Azek?  I mean other the obvious using a press?  Thanks,  Joe.
you sent me a message, check your pm, I answered you.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

basenjib123

foakes

Here is the beast —

Just need to mount a Jacobs chuck for a nail set or pin punch — and it should remove a stubborn pin from a crank, gearsleeve, or gear axle.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

mo65

Quote from: foakes on July 24, 2018, 12:48:30 AM
Here is the beast —

That boy...I say...that boy is gettin' serious now!
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Midway Tommy

:o Don't get your finger caught in there, Fred!  ;D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

basenjib123

Hey Fred,  I looked at that exact press today and didn't buy it when I noticed that there is only about 4" of working space beneath the ram.  How will you be able to put a chuck on there and still have room to work?  Even without a chuck,  a punch on the end of the ram will leave you with no room left either.   Can you post some photos of what you end up doing?  Thanks, Joe.

foakes

Yes, I just need to modify the lower and secondary bracing and crossmembers — plus shorten the ram.

Might take a few days because of other ongoing projects that need completion first.

And I will post pics when done.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

basenjib123

Ok Fred,  some photos of what you have done would be great.