penn 30S spacer washer locstion

Started by Navidad Nutcase, July 14, 2018, 03:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navidad Nutcase

Greetings to all from sunny Vancouver Island.
I am servicing a 30S with the help of one of Alans old picture tutorials dated 2006. He took one ''new outta the box'' and striped it down.
If I am able to download the picture I want, this is my question.  Is this the proper location for the shim, or spacer washer ? Bewteen 2 the 2 sets of bellevilles washers ? In the reel I have apart at the moment, this washer goes on the shaft and then all 4 bellevilles.
thanks for any advise.
Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

handi2

Yes it is. I have seen that arrangement many times. You may have to place the pinion sleeve on the bearing then install the spool.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Navidad Nutcase

thank you. Now what about the reels I've had apart that don't even HAVE this washer? Is this causing problems with tolerances or maybe even drag performance?
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

mizmo67

Quote from: Navidad Nutcase on July 14, 2018, 04:50:32 PM
thank you. Now what about the reels I've had apart that don't even HAVE this washer? Is this causing problems with tolerances or maybe even drag performance?

From a factory installation standpoint..Penn have only been putting them in on reels that had a little too much looseness?
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Navidad Nutcase

that would explain it then . Thanx.

doradoben

Mizmo makes a good point. I had two 30VSW reels that were manufactured during the same year. When they were new, one had a  shim between the belleville conical washer pairs and the other one did not.