Greetings from SF/East Bay

Started by Calidude, July 16, 2018, 03:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calidude

Hi, folks,

Greetings from SF East Bay! I didn't know that quite Alan and some other folks here are in the Bay Area, so I thought it's only right that I join :)

Been fishing my whole life, but recently restarted after a long hiatus.

I look forward to meeting folks here, on-line and off-line.

Regards,
- Satria

foakes

Welcome aboard, Satria —

From the Central Sierras of California.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Donnyboat

Hi Satria, nice to have you with us, what gear are you using, I`m on the other side of the world in sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Calidude

Hi, Don, I use a combination of older Seeker and Truline rods. I was in your (general) neck of the woods a few years ago, jigging for large groupers in Bali. I had a great time, although for that I used a custom OTI blank and an Okuma Andros. We were jigging with 800-900 gram weights in who-knows-how-deep for 8 hrs or so, in 85F humid heat

CooldadE

Welcome, welcome from LA...
Lower Antioch.

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Gfish

Sssssup Calidude. Born in Hayward, grew up in Fremont. Just left the Bay Area From a month's vacation and back home.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Donnyboat

Satria thanks for your fast reply, yes it does get very humid around Bali, we can fly there for one quarter of the price, that it costs to g from Perth to Portheadland or Broome, they are only 1/6th of the distance from Perth. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

happyhooker

Greetings, Satria, from Minnesota, USA.

Frank

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Welcome from San Mateo.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bhale1

Welcome Satria (Calidude),
Brett from  So. AZ.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Calidude

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone!